+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WWDC 2014 May Focus Primarily on OS X 10.10, Not So Much iOS 8

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
If you're planning on following Apple's WWDC 2014 this year, then you might find that the event could be primarily focused on OS X 10.10 rather than the upcoming iOS
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default WWDC 2014 May Focus Primarily on OS X 10.10, Not So Much iOS 8

If you're planning on following Apple's WWDC 2014 this year, then you might find that the event could be primarily focused on OS X 10.10 rather than the upcoming iOS 8.

According to a recent report by 9to5Mac, Apple has been working hard on re-designing the desktop-class operating system to more heavily resemble iOS 7's design changes. As a result of this, Apple has put a lot of their interface teams to work on OS X 10.10, leaving less resources for iOS 8:

The new look will have similar toggle designs to iOS 7, sharper window corners, more defined icons across the system, and more white space than the current version. However, OS X characteristics like the Finder, multi-window multitasking, and Mission Control will not disappear in favor of a more iOS-like experience. Apple is keeping iOS as iOS and OS X as OS X. The convergence will solely surround feature parity that makes sense and aesthetics. Apple is aiming to release 10.10 by fall and is planning a slew of hardware updates to promote the new software.
    OS X 10.10 is said to take many aesthetic design tips from iOS 7, but it isn't expected to become exactly like iOS 7. Instead, it will just involve some changes to the appearance, while main features of the operating system will still remain a part of the operating system. Many new features are also supposed to be added to the new operating system, as with any major release that Apple ships. Like previous upgrades, OS X 10.10 would be a free upgrade from the Mac App Store.

iOS 8 on the other hand won't see very many interface changes from iOS 7, but new features like the all-new Healthbook application, improvements to Apple's Maps, Shazam integration with Siri, and new TextEdit and Preview applications are among some of the new features that are expected to ship with the new mobile operating system. The report also claims that many of the new features of iOS 8 might not even ship until iOS 8.1 as Apple works hard to push OS X 10.10 in time for the Fall.

While we won't know for sure until WWDC 2014 actually comes around the corner, the idea that OS X could take a lot of design tips from iOS is not a new idea; concepts have been floating around on the Internet for a while. Are you excited to see the new changes that are to come?

Sources: 9to5Mac

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 693 Posts

Or? There holding back the new features for iOS 8.1 so if your JB on 8? You have to give it up(JB)to get new features on 8.1. Hmmmmm???? May be reading into it more, but who knows? Lol

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (05-03-2014), PokemonDesigner (05-01-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Sounds like they just need to hire more people if they're running out of resources. You don't have to go crazy on hiring but it shouldn't take away from other projects

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty Manley Silberhorn For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (05-01-2014)

Thanks

Yeah, I agree. When they could not keep up with the glass demand, they simply employed another company to help handle the load. In this case, hire more personnel and don't give me lack luster products thank you :]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Or? There holding back the new features for iOS 8.1 so if your JB on 8? You have to give it up(JB)to get new features on 8.1. Hmmmmm???? May be reading into it more, but who knows? Lol

I think you're right.

Thanks

OSX 10.10? I want OS 11.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paulsquaredson For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (05-03-2014), PokemonDesigner (05-01-2014), SpidermanAPV (05-01-2014)

Thanks

am i the only one thats mad they're doing 10.10 and not moving on to os 11?? i was seriously looking forward to that

11. The Following User Says Thank You to plcrules For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (05-03-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
    am i the only one thats mad they're doing 10.10 and not moving on to os 11?? i was seriously looking forward to that
    Nope