Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Court: Apple, Motorola Free to Sue Each Other

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Court: Apple, Motorola Free to Sue Each Other

For those thinking "Gee, I wish Apple would be involved in more lawsuits because I love reading about that kind of stuff," all zero of you are in luck.

A federal judge has ruled this week that Apple and Motorola Mobility are free to sue each other as they see fit, a ruling that defectively reverses a 2012 decision by Judge Richard Posner.

Consequently, Apple and Google’s Motorola Mobility can now pursue smartphone patent technology claims against each other. Reps for both companies remain silent and have voiced no indication of future plans now that they're free to sue each other... again.

"Motorola Mobility said that it was entitled to block sales of Apple’s patents because Apple has been unwilling to pay to license the technology," Reuters reports. "Apple, however, shouldn’t get a sales block on complex devices based on an infringement finding over features that don’t drive sales of the devices, Motorola Mobility argued."

Although it isn't yet clear what the next move is, you can bet one of these two players will make it. And soon.

Source: Reuters

For those thinking "Gee, I wish Apple would be involved in more lawsuits because I love reading about that kind of stuff," all zero of you are in luck.
    Lol.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christophxr For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (04-26-2014), SpidermanAPV (04-26-2014)

Livin the iPhone Life SpidermanAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    Lol.
    That statement is epic. +1 Michael!