Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
04-21-2014, 11:52 PM #1
Apple Launches "Better" Environmental Campaign with Tim Cook Narrating the Video
Apple recently unveiled a campaign that clearly outlines the impact of the company’s environmental initiatives. The campaign is backed up with a revamped environmental responsibility website and an introductory video narrated by CEO Tim Cook.
Those of you interested in watching the video can do so below:
Cook says the following to open the video:
Better. It's a powerful word, and a powerful ideal. It makes us look at the world and want more than anything to change it for the better. To innovate, improve, to reinvent. To make it better.
We have a long way to go and a lot to learn, But now, more than ever, we will work to leave the world better than we found it and make the tools that inspire others to do the same.
Apple highlights include some of the following noteworthy achievements:
- Including both data centers and corporate campuses, 94 percent of Apple's energy is from renewable sources
- Apple is working with suppliers to recycle water with a new Clean Water Program pilot
- All Apple cables used in China are now PVC-free
- Apple has signed the CERES Climate Declaration
- Energy initiatives at facilities in Cupertino have saved enough energy to power 1200 homes per year
- Over 1000 shared bicycles will be available at the new 'spaceship' campus
- Over 90 percent of material Apple recycles is from products other than their own
Last edited by Akshay Masand; 04-22-2014 at 06:45 AM.
04-22-2014, 05:24 AM #2
The two paragraphs directly above the quote are virtually word-for-word copies.
04-22-2014, 01:30 PM #3
iPad trade in program dovetails with this. But how much for ipad2 ?