Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Tweets Message to Congress Friday

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Tim Cook Tweets Message to Congress Friday

On Friday afternoon, Apple CEO Time Cook - an infrequent tweeter and social media communicator - turned to the microblogging behemoth to broadcast a message loud and clear to the U.S. House of Representatives, which is now considering the sexual orientation nondiscrimination act.

"'We shall overcome,' Reflecting on the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act. Much done but much left to do," Cook tweeted within the hour, sharing a photo of President Lyndon Johnson signing the historic act into law.

"The House should mark the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act by passing ENDA," a subsequent tweet reads.

Cook initially came forward last November to show his support for equality in the workplace, urging the U.S. Senate to pass ENDA by writing a passionate op-ed in the Wall Street Journal. The Senate ultimately went on to pass the legislation.

"Protections that promote equality and diversity should not be conditional on someone's sexual orientation," Cook wrote in his brisk opinion editorial. "For too long, too many people have had to hide that part of their identity in the workplace."

Cook stated emphatically in his closing words that Congress should seize the opportunity to "strike a blow against such intolerance" by approving the Employment Nondiscrimination Act.

Source: Twitter

People are going to ***** on how it's not Cook's "place" to comment on such thing, but they're wrong. He is exactly the type of person that should comment. In the real world, we know that people like him; powerful, wealthy, are the loudest heard.
    Kudos on standing up for the right thing, Mr. Cook.

Edit: Seriously? I can't type b*tch? The word is used in 3rd grade books lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ecofrankenstein View Post
    People are going to ***** on how it's not Cook's "place" to comment on such thing, but they're wrong. He is exactly the type of person that should comment. In the real world, we know that people like him; powerful, wealthy, are the loudest heard.
    Kudos on standing up for the right thing, Mr. Cook.

Edit: Seriously? I can't type b*tch? The word is used in 3rd grade books lol.
    This was dumb on his part this is already in force in the workplace why stir up garbage.

It's not in force in the workplace. Here in Utah, I can, and have been, fired for being gay.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pulsecub For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (04-12-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by pulsecub View Post
    It's not in force in the workplace. Here in Utah, I can, and have been, fired for being gay.
    I hate that it is something that could even happen! I'm not gay but bloody hell people why is gay still an issue, some people must somehow not realise it's 2014!! Not 1914 :-s

7. The Following User Says Thank You to windowsdan For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (04-12-2014)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pulsecub View Post
    Where in Utah are you?

I think Cook has the right to message something like this if he wants. We hear celebs saying political stuff all the time, why not Cook? No matter where someone lives, they should have equal opportunities and treatment in the workplace, no matter what their sexual orientation.