Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs' Widow Gets Political with Latest Investment

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Steve Jobs' Widow Gets Political with Latest Investment

Although late Apple co-founder and tech visionary Steve Jobs was a political person, he largely kept his politics - and everything else in his personal life - shrouded in secrecy. But his wife Laurene Powell Jobs isn't making any secret of where she is investing some of her mega-wealth in the political arena today.

According to published reports coming to light Thursday, Mrs. Jobs is one of the first major celebrity donors to invest in a super PAC launched to help propel former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton into the 2016 presidential race.

"An official familiar with the fundraising numbers of Ready for Hillary told Business Insider that Jobs was among 10 donors who gave $25,000 — the highest amount recorded — to the super PAC during the first quarter of 2014," Business Insider confirms.

Other heavy-hitting donors include Sharon Elghanayan Corzine, the wife of former New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine; Tim Gill, the founder of Quark; Glen Fukushima, a former U.S. trade representative; Fabian Nunez, the former California Assembly speaker; and John and Marcia Goldman, an iconic philanthropist.

According to figures totaled by those monitoring the early fundraising efforts ahead of the 2016 presidential election, Hillary Clinton has already raised close to $2 million this year, which isn't bad when one considers that she is yet to announce her candidacy or even affirm interest in the 2016 race.

Source: Business Insider

Very poor choice Laurene Powell Jobs .

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tridley68 For This Useful Post:

*T* (04-12-2014), buggsy2 (04-11-2014)

Thanks

Steve Jobs would not approve of this

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indyracer05 For This Useful Post:

*T* (04-12-2014), buggsy2 (04-11-2014)

You would think that she'd have learned something from Hillary's abysmal record as Secretary of State.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HCWHunter For This Useful Post:

*T* (04-12-2014)

Thanks

Yeah, the old one hand washes the other routine. I paid for you to get into office, now where are my perks haha. Shouldn't these billionaires try to help the hungry, poor, diseased? Too much money and not enough "good" efforts.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (04-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Very poor choice Laurene Powell Jobs .
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    Steve Jobs would not approve of this
    +1

This won't do much. Hillary gets $250k for this. Whoever the Koch-backed Republican is will get $2.5 million.

It's a damn' shame that how many rich people are behind you is such a big factor into politics today. It's like we've taken a book from pre-revolutionary France and have a Second Estate and Third Estate. The Second and Third Estates should be ONE ESTATE.

Quote Originally Posted by HCWHunter View Post
    You would think that she'd have learned something from Hillary's abysmal record as Secretary of State.
    I take it your source for this silly, little comment is Fox News?
    Last edited by Christophxr; 04-11-2014 at 02:43 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Anybody but Hillary. Pretty sad the best this country can do is an angry and bitter old woman (Dems) or some angry and bitter old guy (Reps).

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buggsy2 For This Useful Post:

*T* (04-12-2014), oldskoolsk8r (04-11-2014), ORCF (04-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    This won't do much. Hillary gets $250k for this. Whoever the Koch-backed Republican is will get $2.5 million.

It's a damn' shame that how many rich people are behind you is such a big factor into politics today. It's like we've taken a book from pre-revolutionary France and have a Second Estate and Third Estate. The Second and Third Estates should be ONE ESTATE.

My sources for Hillary's abysmal record are all over the place and common knowledge. The prime example is the fact that 4 Americans died in a terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi and Hillary stood side by side with BO and blamed it on a stupid video for weeks, and apologized for the video! I was in the Mediterranean when that happened and the BBC labeled it a terrorist attack, ON 9/11, IMMEDIATELY!! Our ambassador specifically requested more security and was denied by Hillary's office! Need more examples? There are many.

And I suppose your stupid little minded comment about Koch-backed Republicans is based on stuff you hear on MSNBC? Or read in the NY Times? The Kochs don't have nearly the influence on our politics that Soros, et al. do.

HW

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HCWHunter For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (04-11-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL to you all. This is a apple modding forums not a political/god forums

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hitman10 For This Useful Post:

novadam (04-12-2014)

+1 to astute observation skill.

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

I'm just gonna leave this right here. Let it sink in for a bit. Also, look who's number 59 on the list.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

Thanks

Hilary is n idiot. Her rant about "What Does it Matter" Will Haunt her Forever. N Yes I watch Fox News...BUT..it's her Money so she can Do what she Wants.

Default Jobs widow leans liberal
    Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post
    I'm just gonna leave this right here. Let it sink in for a bit. Also, look who's number 59 on the list.

Yeah, take a look at the top 16 entities. The vast majority are unions and lean "strongly" democratic. That amounts to money laundering of funds taken forcibly from workers to support liberals. Look at the #1 entity, more than 5 times the Koch level and 100% DEMO!! Even the Kochs give 8% to the other side!

Quote Originally Posted by gdd2010 View Post

Nice, but that's "light money?" Where is the link to all the billions in "dark money"?

Let's face it. Both parties are terrible. Let's be a smarter generation than our parents and not buy into the crap they spew. Conservatives spend as much or more than liberals and liberals love war as much as conservatives. Look at the facts and quit drinking the kool-aid. Should we go with Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton. Lol. It's a joke on us.

Quote Originally Posted by HCWHunter View Post
    My sources for Hillary's abysmal record are all over the place and common knowledge. The prime example is the fact that 4 Americans died in a terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi and Hillary stood side by side with BO and blamed it on a stupid video for weeks, and apologized for the video! I was in the Mediterranean when that happened and the BBC labeled it a terrorist attack, ON 9/11, IMMEDIATELY!! Our ambassador specifically requested more security and was denied by Hillary's office! Need more examples? There are many.

And I suppose your stupid little minded comment about Koch-backed Republicans is based on stuff you hear on MSNBC? Or read in the NY Times? The Kochs don't have nearly the influence on our politics that Soros, et al. do.

HW
    It's still your opinion.. And that's a fact. Regardless if your a dem or a republic.. There is nothing you can say negatively about what a person does with his or hers money, and that includes what political party they side with.

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    Hilary is n idiot. Her rant about "What Does it Matter" Will Haunt her Forever. N Yes I watch Fox News...BUT..it's her Money so she can Do what she Wants.
    She's an idiot? No your an idiot... How about you gtfu and help run this country...

Quote Originally Posted by Tedomcmillan View Post
    Let's face it. Both parties are terrible. Let's be a smarter generation than our parents and not buy into the crap they spew. Conservatives spend as much or more than liberals and liberals love war as much as conservatives. Look at the facts and quit drinking the kool-aid. Should we go with Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton. Lol. It's a joke on us.
    Indeed!