Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's 'RED' Contributions Top $70 Million

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple's 'RED' Contributions Top $70 Million

According to an announcement Friday from (RED), a global organization focusing on the prevention and treatment of HIV and AIDS, efforts to combat this dreaded disease continue to prove fruitful. And Apple has played a key role in the process.

"We're at critical moment in the fight against AIDS," the organization tweeted this morning. "Today 9.7 million people are on life-saving HIV treatment, up from 300,000 in 2002."

Adding some "great news to end the week," (RED) says that Apple's total contributions to the cause have now reached $70 million, 100% of which goes to fight AIDS. "Thank you all for buying (APPLE)RED," the tweet concluded.

Over the years, Apple has been a big backer of releasing and promoting the (RED)-branded products, which are now a well-known and established aspect of Apple's business.

To learn more about Red.org and the organization's global efforts to eradicate AIDS, click here.

Source: (RED) via Twitter

Thanks

I rarely hear anything about AID's anymore. At one point I thought it was cured..guess I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I rarely hear anything about AID's anymore. At one point I thought it was cured..guess I was wrong.
    Lol, right?

Unfortunately, people treat important issues like fads. One week, it's totally cool to be about a cause. The next? "Haven't they made it? They're just lazy now. I mean, we GAVE them millions, didn't we?"