Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Announces WWDC 2014 Scheduled for June 2-6, Ticket Lottery Starts Today

Thanks

Default Apple Announces WWDC 2014 Scheduled for June 2-6, Ticket Lottery Starts Today

Apple recently announced that its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) for 2014 will be held from June 2 to June 6 at the Moscone West Convention Center in San Francisco. The company also announced that application for tickets to the event will start today through Monday, April 7. Tickets will be issued to attendees via a random lottery. Phil Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing had the following to say regarding the matter:

We have the most amazing developer community in the world and have a great week planned for them. Every year the WWDC audience becomes more diverse, with developers from almost every discipline you can imagine and coming from every corner of the globe. We look forward to sharing with them our latest advances in iOS and OS X so they can create the next generation of great apps.
    To handle the large demand for tickets, Apple has adopted a lottery system that will issue tickets to developers chosen randomly from the pool of registered applicants. Developers who apply for a ticket via a lottery will know their status by Monday, April 7 at 5:00 PM PDT. Furthermore, scholarships will be given to 200 students who will have the opportunity to attend the conference for free.

As of right now, Apple’s requirements for purchasing a ticket to WWDC include membership in one of the company’s paid developer programs, including the iOS Developer Program, iOS Developer Enterprise Program or Mac Developer Program. With the new lottery system in place, Apple is also requiring that developers be a member of a paid program prior to today’s announcement, thus preventing last-minute signups from obtaining tickets.

Much like the case in previous years, developers between the ages of 13 and 17 must have their tickets purchased by a parent or guardian who is an eligible member. Tickets are limited to the applicant only and cannot be sold, resold or otherwise transferred. Developers can begin their registration process by using this link.

Source: Apple (Press Release)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

This confirms my belief that the new i phone 6 will have a September release.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

This confirms nothing. WWDC is always held in June, regardless of when the phones come out.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks

I miss the summer releases. Hot summer and hot release used to coincide.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I miss the summer releases. Hot summer and hot release used to coincide.
    +1

I'll just watch it when it gets uploaded to YouTube again.

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    This confirms my belief that the new i phone 6 will have a September release.
    Why? There's a WWDC every year...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

vazzana (04-04-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Why? There's a WWDC every year...
    Yeah but isn't that so they can show ios8 which will be on the new iPhones in the coming months