Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes Radio's Profanity Filters Not Working as Intended?

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default iTunes Radio's Profanity Filters Not Working as Intended?

Amidst of a recent influx of user comments and subsequent services tests, it appears that Apple's iTunes Radio is letting some pretty spicy language through its content filters.

As it turns out, even with Apple’s filters enabled, a host of profanity and other naughty no-no words are still making their way through Apple's new digital music streaming platform, despite what we are told is a comprehensive, stringent effort by Apple to ensure that its iTunes Radio filters would be highly effective.

One user in particular drew attention to the array of F-bombs that still made it through a playing of “Billionaire” by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars - with an audience of children present. Although we haven't heard of a massive number of complaints regarding this issue, it appears that Apple may have a problem to investigate if the complaints persist.

As with all new digital services, bugs and imperfections are the norm. And this is simply the latest to find its way back to Apple as users call for a fix for this profanity filter glitch.

Source: AppleInsider

My iPhone is a Part of Me SpidermanAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

I had this problem, but only when the words were spoken rather than sung. Was listening to a station and the next song had some dude ranting about his life and dropping an f-bomb just about every other word. The next song (same artist) did the same thing.