+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung's Head of Mobile, JK Shin, Revealed to be Earning More than Tim Cook

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Samsung's Head of Mobile, JK Shin, Revealed to be Earning More than Tim Cook

According to a new report, Samsung’s head of mobile business, J.K. Shin, earns more than Tim Cook. In 2014, Shin received $5.8 million compensation, made up of a base salary of 1.17 billion won, and 1.6 billion won in incentives and performance bonus. In comparison, Cook only took home $4.25 million, which is slightly more than the $4.17 million he earned in 2012.

Samsung didn’t disclose remuneration details of J.Y. Lee, its non-executive vice chairman and son of chairman Lee Kun-hee, who receives no salary from Samsung. It did however reveal that co-chief executive Kwon Oh-hyun, who heads the component business, earned 6.77 billion won, while third co-CEO Yoon Boo-keun, head of Samsung’s consumer electronic business received 5.09 billion won.

The information comes in as a result of regulations being changed by the South Korean financial authorities, which requires listed companies to release the annual compensation details of executives who earn more than 500 million won. The move appears to have been criticized by some since it doesn’t reveal details of high profile owners of business conglomerates, who regularly assume non-executive titles.

Source: Reuters

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

And we care why?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    And we care why?
    Because knowing how much the executives of the companies that produce the products we consume take home is kiiiind of a big deal, guy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    Because knowing how much the executives of the companies that produce the products we consume take home is kiiiind of a big deal, guy.
    Why?

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course he does. There is more profit to go around when you get all your research & ideas from other companies to produce products. And no, we don't care.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I bet that pisses off Tim Cook and like everybody else here.....who gives a hoot. Their salaries don't pay for my bills....so why should I care? With all the crappy decisions Tim Cook has made he doesn't deserve it anyway....so! there!
    Last edited by swifty7; 03-31-2014 at 03:13 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jozelito617's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha am3n! It's like all my school learning time i never learned from teachers to pay my bills... ******* **** wasted 12 years of nothing. FmL! Fk rich peoople!!!

Thanks

Yeah, this info is irrelevant. These guys and the rest of the big business leaders all make hand over fist money. If not in salary then in stock options. It comes with the turf..we all know this already.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Good people will mentally pretend that their exact dollars spent on Apple products in the past actually went to the deserving talented creative humans that actually designed and created the terrific Apple products.

Yet we know that too large of a percentage of what we spent goes to the corporate demon inept thieves like Tim Crook and a few other festering greed-filled rat-like humans that are sadly part of Apple's horrible management team.

If Apple was the only producer of smartphones, Apple would still be selling iPhone 4 type devices with a locked-down iOS 4.xx and charging those stupid enough to pay - $1000 per phone.

The great things that Apple has achieved is in large part due to the actions of Apple's competitors.

Let Competition Continue to make the world a better place!

Apple Cheats

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's not forget that Tim Cook was awarded $378m of deferred stock when he was appointed CEO in 2011.