+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Opens First Retail Store in Istanbul, Turkey

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Opens First Retail Store in Istanbul, Turkey

The first Apple retail store is ready to open next week in Turkey with Apple CEO Tim Cook and Turkish President Abdullah Gül possibly attending the grand opening gala. Turkish blog Webrazzi, reports that the Apple retail store will open at 10:00 AM on Saturday, April 5, 2014 and is located in Istanbul’s Zorlu Center Shopping Center.

Located in the heart of Istanbul’s popular, multi-use shopping center, the Turkish store takes up almost 20,000 square feet. According to employees, it is supposed to have some unique features like a cubic glass ceiling, two full floors to hold stock of products, and in-store services including a dedicated ‘Family Room’ floor and a pair of Genius Bars. Barriers are currently blocking the structure until the official grand opening day.

This Apple retail store is the first of many stores planned for Turkey as Apple familiarizes themselves in this new territory. Turkish government officials were also in the talks with Apple to provide Turkish school children with 10.6 million tablets as initiative to bring innovative technology into the education systems. However, even though negotiations seemed to have been going Apple’s way, the deal was eventually struck with Turkish company Telpa. A Turkish-owned company, General Mobile, will be providing the tablets.

Source: Webrazzi

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Was it immediately bombed! LOL! J/K

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Will anyone be able tweet about the opening or see it on YouTube

Thanks

Funny that they seem to want apple but then restrict what you can do with the device!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Really? You have an opinion but you know nothing :) You have to be Turkish!
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Was it immediately bombed! LOL! J/K
    Is it funny? Did you ever see my beloved country mr provocateur? Did you ever visit?

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Funny that they seem to want apple but then restrict what you can do with the device!
    We want Apple and its store because they will pay their taxes... Twitter and Google are not and will not i assume. When they open local offices and begins respect to my laws, maybe, just maybe they could talk about freedom. These two giant vampires(and Facebook also) are winning billions on us, but pays nothing.They are using deficits of international trade laws not to pay tax. Did anyone ever knows this ? Both two companies are defrauder for my opinion. They deserve everything what we and will do.
    Last edited by broodofqueen; 03-29-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broodofqueen View Post
    Is it funny? Did you ever see my beloved country mr provocateur? Did you ever visit?

We want Apple and its store because they will pay their taxes... Twitter and Google are not and will not i assume. When they open local offices and begins respect to my laws, maybe, just maybe they could talk about freedom. These two giant vampires(and Facebook also) are winning billions on us, but pays nothing.They are using deficits of international trade laws not to pay tax. Did anyone ever knows this ? Both two companies are defrauder for my opinion. They deserve everything what we and will do.
    So, apparently, this person has no sense of humor! I know Istanbul is a beautiful place and I was just kidding! But it's funny how you claim that these are YOUR laws as if you're the creator and founder of Turkey!?!?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    So, apparently, this person has no sense of humor! I know Istanbul is a beautiful place and I was just kidding! But it's funny how you claim that these are YOUR laws as if you're the creator and founder of Turkey!?!?
    I have sense of humor, but not this situation. Terrorism is not a joke. Oh, and yes these are my laws, WE create this country together. Me an all the TC citizens.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to broodofqueen For This Useful Post:

iCeka (03-30-2014)