+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple CEO Tim Cook Comes in at Number 33 on a List of the World's 50 Greatest Leaders

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple CEO Tim Cook Comes in at Number 33 on a List of the World's 50 Greatest Leaders

Apple CEO Tim Cook checked in at number 33 on a new list of the world’s 50 greatest leaders. Cook was one of only two Silicon Valley executives included in the rankings alongside luminaries like Pope Francis, Bill Clinton and Derek Jeter. Cook came in nine slots ahead of new YouTube chief Susan Wojcicki, though both lagged behind Seattle-based Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, who was 10th. The rankings were compiled by Fortune editor Geoff Colvin, who praised the “quiet aplomb” with which Cook has gone about succeeding Steve Jobs. Colvin wrote the following about the matter:

Following Steve Jobs has arguably been the toughest corporate leadership assignment in decades, yet Cook has carried it off with mostly quiet aplomb. In two-and-a-half years he has kept the parade of winning new products marching (the Retina display, new operating systems, the iPhone 5), and he is bringing in Burberry's savior, Angela Ahrendts, to run Apple's retail stores. That's thinking different.
    Since he took the position as Apple CEO in 2011 following Jobs’ resignation, Cook has led Apple with what some have called a “methodical, no-nonsense style.” The Cupertino California company is reportedly less “crazy” and “draconian” than it was under Jobs but Cook has shown a willingness to wield the axe when necessary. An example of such a situation was when longtime Jobs confidant and former iOS chief Scott Forstall was famously fired after refusing to apologize for the issues behind Apple Maps.

Many analysts have called for Cook’s head amid a plummeting stock price and perceived lack of innovation but a change is highly unlikely. Cook was hand-picked by Jobs and despite the stock trouble, Cook has presided over the most prosperous period in Apple’s history.

Source: Fortune via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Really, we're gonna put Tim Cook alongside people like Nelson Mandela, MLK Jr., Franklin Roosevelt, Bill Clinton and Pope Francis? What the hell?

Don't get me wrong, I love Tim Cook. But come on. What's next, are we gonna be praying to Ford and making Ts with our fingers?

Brave new world out there.

Thanks

Yeah, I somewhat agree with the above. He took over a company that was already doing great. Guess its like sports. When you are the pitcher or quarterback you get all the credit for what the TEAM has done. Lets wait 10 years and see where he and Apple are before we start giving accolades.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

#33 is VERY generous!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

I also put him on my list. On my bathroom wall.