+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Jabbed for Lack of Racial Diversity at the Top

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Rev. Jackson, GTFO, moron
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 35 Times in 22 Posts

    Rev. Jackson, GTFO, moron

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (03-19-2014)

  3. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rondon360 View Post
    If your not of color you will never never understand. As much as you think you know.. You don't!!! Many black working in these companies are well over qualified but looked down upon because of their color. Color will always be an issue. Perfect example: Our President now the media doesn't even like calling him President Obama they rather say Mr. Obama!!!! Open your eyes folks tv will dump u down!!!!!
    Oh, I get it, kind of like rap...it's a black thing! And white dudes are all dorky, uncool, etc. Again, you seem to be on the side of those who share this belief that non-blacks don't understand discrimination. How about this: in trade school, I had to pay my own way through student loans. A mid-eastern buddy in the same school worked at a European car shop (making twice what I made), drove a BMW M3, lived with his parents, and got a free ride (tuition). Maybe it's not pure discrimination, but it sure cost me a lot more than him!

    Btw, how many corporate surveys have you been part of? You say, "Many black working in these companies are well over qualified but looked down upon because of their color," but how many exactly, and how do you know? Or is it because that's convenient to "prove" your point? Simple advice people: work hard, take risks, get an education, and try, try again! If one company doesn't want you, you probably don't want them!
    Last edited by Simon; 03-20-2014 at 05:10 AM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rcworship For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (03-19-2014)

  5. #23
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,379
    Thanks
    41,559
    Thanked 17,585 Times in 6,422 Posts

    I would like to add something, but I think it's been covered.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Rcworship (03-19-2014)

  7. #24
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,100
    Thanks
    3,984
    Thanked 7,724 Times in 2,420 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rondon360 View Post
    Color will always be an issue. Perfect example: Our President now the media doesn't even like calling him President Obama they rather say Mr. Obama!!!! Open your eyes folks tv will dump u down!!!!!
    This is just silly. It has nothing to do with Obama being black. Read this. Happened all the time with Bush. How do u explain that? http://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.co...ype=blogs&_r=0

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (03-19-2014)

  9. #25
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    The tech community has always been made up of geeks/nerds/etc, the majority which are white, Asian, Indian.

    I would love to have a top position at Apple, but even with technical experience in Marine Corps/ Air Force aviation, I know I'm not qualified for most, if any, top positions at a tech company, maybe a top position in HR. BUT, who cares, I'm a latino/hispanic, give me a position!!

    JK.

    And most black kids I see are more interested in basketball, Jordans, Beats by Dre, rap, and keeping it real.

    Heck, I rarely see black ravers, Jesse Jackson, you should target ravers because they are way underrepresented in the rave scene!!
    No, jk. Don't.
    rah Marine! And that's true I never see black kids at raves Lol!.... the ones I've seen at EDC Vegas aren't really there for the music :/

  10. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts

    The NAACP has a real lack of diversity at the top, too.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turdsmoka For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (03-19-2014), Rcworship (03-19-2014)

  12. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    220
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    Wait, wait...can you understand this guy?!😂
    Not really, that is part of the entertainment!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceptum For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (03-19-2014)

  14. #28
    My iPhone is a Part of Me NSXrebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    538
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 51 Times in 40 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fjb91 View Post
    rah Marine! And that's true I never see black kids at raves Lol!.... the ones I've seen at EDC Vegas aren't really there for the music :/
    oohrah Devil! Are you going to EDC this year?!

  15. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,882
    Thanks
    1,457
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

    So now JJ can dictate who should hold what positions in major companies??? Lmfao the excuse is going to be void as cities such as mine continue to have Whites as minorities. There are more blacks and hispanics so I should get a better job now right? Ventura / Stern 2016

  16. #30
    Green Apple camxposure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    put dat icloud activation shizzle making a brother not have da iPhone
    what's we gonna do???

    Obama gonna take care a dat - handing out iphone 5c 8gb to the needy - BITC#@$
    Last edited by Simon; 03-20-2014 at 05:11 AM.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to camxposure For This Useful Post:

    Feanor64 (03-19-2014)

  18. #31
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    This kind of attempted reverse discrimination/affirmative action nonsense is more nonsensical than the new book about Apple. Back up a bit: before I throw too many stones, I wonder what percentage of tech and tech leadership are minorities...Anyhow, the idea that we should go out of our way to represent everyone out there is as bad as giving every kids an identical trophy. There is no question that race plays no part in how qualified and exceptional an individual can be-in any industry, but that doesn't mean there are equal parts of each group in each industry. Moreover, race plays no part in selecting the top candidates to take charge of a company, be it a CEO, CFO, CIO, or any other position. Dr. King's dream was that we would judge people by the content of their character, not the color of their skin; I may be taking some liberty, but I believe he would feel the same about corporate leadership.
    This is not about diversity. This is about paying Rev. Jackson some money.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to DaddyofTheMacDaddy For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (03-19-2014)

  20. #32
    Green Apple brownlace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rondon360 View Post
    If your not of color you will never never understand. As much as you think you know.. You don't!!! Many black working in these companies are well over qualified but looked down upon because of their color. Color will always be an issue. Perfect example: Our President now the media doesn't even like calling him President Obama they rather say Mr. Obama!!!! Open your eyes folks tv will dump u down!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    Oh, I get it, kind of like rap...it's a black thing! And white dudes are all dorky, uncool, etc. Again, you seem to be on the side of those who share this belief that non-blacks don't understand discrimination. How about this: in trade school, I had to pay my own way through student loans. A mid-eastern buddy in the same school worked at a European car shop (making twice what I made), drove a BMW M3, lived with his parents, and got a free ride (tuition). Maybe it's not pure discrimination, but it sure cost me a lot more than him!

    Btw, how many corporate surveys have you been part of? You say, "Many black working in these companies are well over qualified but looked down upon because of their color," but how many exactly, and how do you know? Or is it because that's convenient to "prove" your point? Simple advice people: work hard, take risks, get an education, and try, try again! If one company doesn't want you, you probably don't want them!
    Don't waste your time explaining. No one else is looking for a logical conversation.
    Last edited by Simon; 03-20-2014 at 05:12 AM.

  21. #33
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,379
    Thanks
    41,559
    Thanked 17,585 Times in 6,422 Posts

    What is logical about hiring people based on color? Where are the statistics that show that qualified black people are being turned away? If these large corps are hiring solely by color, then why are the still in business?

    Give me a break.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  22. #34
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    614
    Thanks
    848
    Thanked 448 Times in 235 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by brownlace View Post
    Don't waste your time explaining. No one else is looking for a logical conversation.
    Logical went out of the window a long time ago. We can buy weed now. Legally. That seems nice but it just means kids can get it easier. Kids already have it tough enough. Hookers signing up for obamacare. A boy can use a girls bathroom if he identifies himself as a girl. Our own government spying on us to keep us "safe". We are forced to pay taxes so our government can take most of it and waste it. Or they will confiscate everything you own and throw you in jail if you don't pay taxes so they can send money to Egypt and Afghanistan. Logic what logic. People can come over here from other countries and get federal grants to buy a business that is tax free for 10 years and in nine years he will sell it to his recently arrived brother so it will be tax free for another ten years. Progressive ideologues won't be happy until they rip this country apart. Jesse Jackson is just the tip of the iceberg. Bill Cosby is who people should listen to. But they won't.
    Last edited by Simon; 03-20-2014 at 05:13 AM.

  23. #35
    Green Apple brownlace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    What is logical about hiring people based on color? Where are the statistics that show that qualified black people are being turned away? If these large corps are hiring solely by color, then why are the still in business?

    Give me a break.
    Unless they're denying people high level jobs discriminately then there is no foul.

    Obviously that has to be "proven". Otherwise it's a scare & push for growth tactic. One that can arguably be seen as needed.

    SO...logical? Maybe I used the wrong word. What I mean is grow up and learn how to have a conversation instead of getting angry and generalizing.

  24. #36
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    829
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts

    I'm in the uk and here is my story. Got a great job in old street, London. Set up a massive IT deal with a private school where members of the royal family and rich attend/attended. Wasn't allowed to meet them face to face because my boss who was also black was scared we would lose the deal!!!' He was acting from previous experience.

    Another example was when I was manager for a Panasonic store. We had regular meetings at head office with managers from all over the country. Forget being the only black manager, I was the only black guy in the building!!!!
    Last edited by se23; 03-20-2014 at 03:17 AM.

  25. #37
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyofTheMacDaddy View Post
    This is not about diversity. This is about paying Rev. Jackson some money.
    well somebody has to pay for his thieving Son and daughter N law so they have some money when they get out of JAIL

  26. #38
    My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    510
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked 91 Times in 66 Posts

    When I went thru engineering school there was ONE black student in each school I went to (all public schools). But plenty of blacks studying phys-ed. That major (or theology, Rev. Jackson) don't help anybody get into a tech company let alone rise up the ranks.

  27. #39
    What's Jailbreak? thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,252
    Thanks
    480
    Thanked 2,186 Times in 979 Posts

    Forget qualifications...let's just give jobs to people that have good skin tone!!!

    I guess that makes me a candidate! 👍

  28. #40
    Green Apple HCWHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    So. Calif.
    Posts
    93
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Not so hard to understand at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Rondon360 View Post
    If your not of color you will never never understand. As much as you think you know.. You don't!!! Many black working in these companies are well over qualified but looked down upon because of their color. Color will always be an issue. Perfect example: Our President now the media doesn't even like calling him President Obama they rather say Mr. Obama!!!! Open your eyes folks tv will dump u down!!!!!

    My bad ignorant people just piss me off
    Obama isn't disrespected because he's black, he's disrespected because he's incompetent! And calling him "Mr." has absolutely nothing to do with the total lack of respect.

    As for minorities in tech companies, they have the same opportunities as anyone else to work hard, study, and choose technical careers if they want. You might want to look at why they don't do those things instead of working so hard to carry that chip on your shoulder around.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts