+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Jabbed for Lack of Racial Diversity at the Top

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Rev. Jackson, GTFO, moron
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Rev. Jackson, GTFO, moron

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Al226 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rondon360 View Post
    If your not of color you will never never understand. As much as you think you know.. You don't!!! Many black working in these companies are well over qualified but looked down upon because of their color. Color will always be an issue. Perfect example: Our President now the media doesn't even like calling him President Obama they rather say Mr. Obama!!!! Open your eyes folks tv will dump u down!!!!!
    Oh, I get it, kind of like rap...it's a black thing! And white dudes are all dorky, uncool, etc. Again, you seem to be on the side of those who share this belief that non-blacks don't understand discrimination. How about this: in trade school, I had to pay my own way through student loans. A mid-eastern buddy in the same school worked at a European car shop (making twice what I made), drove a BMW M3, lived with his parents, and got a free ride (tuition). Maybe it's not pure discrimination, but it sure cost me a lot more than him!

Btw, how many corporate surveys have you been part of? You say, "Many black working in these companies are well over qualified but looked down upon because of their color," but how many exactly, and how do you know? Or is it because that's convenient to "prove" your point? Simple advice people: work hard, take risks, get an education, and try, try again! If one company doesn't want you, you probably don't want them!
    Last edited by Simon; 03-20-2014 at 05:10 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rcworship For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-19-2014)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,585 Times in 6,422 Posts

I would like to add something, but I think it's been covered.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (03-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,724 Times in 2,420 Posts

Color will always be an issue. Perfect example: Our President now the media doesn't even like calling him President Obama they rather say Mr. Obama!!!! Open your eyes folks tv will dump u down!!!!!
    This is just silly. It has nothing to do with Obama being black. Read this. Happened all the time with Bush. How do u explain that? http://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.co...ype=blogs&_r=0

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-19-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    The tech community has always been made up of geeks/nerds/etc, the majority which are white, Asian, Indian.

I would love to have a top position at Apple, but even with technical experience in Marine Corps/ Air Force aviation, I know I'm not qualified for most, if any, top positions at a tech company, maybe a top position in HR. BUT, who cares, I'm a latino/hispanic, give me a position!!

JK.

And most black kids I see are more interested in basketball, Jordans, Beats by Dre, rap, and keeping it real.

Heck, I rarely see black ravers, Jesse Jackson, you should target ravers because they are way underrepresented in the rave scene!!
    No, jk. Don't.
    rah Marine! And that's true I never see black kids at raves Lol!.... the ones I've seen at EDC Vegas aren't really there for the music :/

Thanks

The NAACP has a real lack of diversity at the top, too.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turdsmoka For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-19-2014), Rcworship (03-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    Wait, wait...can you understand this guy?!😂
    Not really, that is part of the entertainment!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceptum For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-19-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me NSXrebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fjb91 View Post
    rah Marine! And that's true I never see black kids at raves Lol!.... the ones I've seen at EDC Vegas aren't really there for the music :/
    oohrah Devil! Are you going to EDC this year?!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

So now JJ can dictate who should hold what positions in major companies??? Lmfao the excuse is going to be void as cities such as mine continue to have Whites as minorities. There are more blacks and hispanics so I should get a better job now right? Ventura / Stern 2016

Thanks

put dat icloud activation shizzle making a brother not have da iPhone
    what's we gonna do???

Obama gonna take care a dat - handing out iphone 5c 8gb to the needy - BITC#@$
    Last edited by Simon; 03-20-2014 at 05:11 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to camxposure For This Useful Post:

Feanor64 (03-19-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This kind of attempted reverse discrimination/affirmative action nonsense is more nonsensical than the new book about Apple. Back up a bit: before I throw too many stones, I wonder what percentage of tech and tech leadership are minorities...Anyhow, the idea that we should go out of our way to represent everyone out there is as bad as giving every kids an identical trophy. There is no question that race plays no part in how qualified and exceptional an individual can be-in any industry, but that doesn't mean there are equal parts of each group in each industry. Moreover, race plays no part in selecting the top candidates to take charge of a company, be it a CEO, CFO, CIO, or any other position. Dr. King's dream was that we would judge people by the content of their character, not the color of their skin; I may be taking some liberty, but I believe he would feel the same about corporate leadership.
    This is not about diversity. This is about paying Rev. Jackson some money.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DaddyofTheMacDaddy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-19-2014)

Thanks

If your not of color you will never never understand. As much as you think you know.. You don't!!! Many black working in these companies are well over qualified but looked down upon because of their color. Color will always be an issue. Perfect example: Our President now the media doesn't even like calling him President Obama they rather say Mr. Obama!!!! Open your eyes folks tv will dump u down!!!!!
    Oh, I get it, kind of like rap...it's a black thing! And white dudes are all dorky, uncool, etc. Again, you seem to be on the side of those who share this belief that non-blacks don't understand discrimination. How about this: in trade school, I had to pay my own way through student loans. A mid-eastern buddy in the same school worked at a European car shop (making twice what I made), drove a BMW M3, lived with his parents, and got a free ride (tuition). Maybe it's not pure discrimination, but it sure cost me a lot more than him!

Btw, how many corporate surveys have you been part of? You say, "Many black working in these companies are well over qualified but looked down upon because of their color," but how many exactly, and how do you know? Or is it because that's convenient to "prove" your point? Simple advice people: work hard, take risks, get an education, and try, try again! If one company doesn't want you, you probably don't want them!
    Don't waste your time explaining. No one else is looking for a logical conversation.
    Last edited by Simon; 03-20-2014 at 05:12 AM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,585 Times in 6,422 Posts

What is logical about hiring people based on color? Where are the statistics that show that qualified black people are being turned away? If these large corps are hiring solely by color, then why are the still in business?

Give me a break.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brownlace View Post
    Don't waste your time explaining. No one else is looking for a logical conversation.
    Logical went out of the window a long time ago. We can buy weed now. Legally. That seems nice but it just means kids can get it easier. Kids already have it tough enough. Hookers signing up for obamacare. A boy can use a girls bathroom if he identifies himself as a girl. Our own government spying on us to keep us "safe". We are forced to pay taxes so our government can take most of it and waste it. Or they will confiscate everything you own and throw you in jail if you don't pay taxes so they can send money to Egypt and Afghanistan. Logic what logic. People can come over here from other countries and get federal grants to buy a business that is tax free for 10 years and in nine years he will sell it to his recently arrived brother so it will be tax free for another ten years. Progressive ideologues won't be happy until they rip this country apart. Jesse Jackson is just the tip of the iceberg. Bill Cosby is who people should listen to. But they won't.
    Last edited by Simon; 03-20-2014 at 05:13 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    What is logical about hiring people based on color? Where are the statistics that show that qualified black people are being turned away? If these large corps are hiring solely by color, then why are the still in business?

Give me a break.
    Unless they're denying people high level jobs discriminately then there is no foul.

Obviously that has to be "proven". Otherwise it's a scare & push for growth tactic. One that can arguably be seen as needed.

SO...logical? Maybe I used the wrong word. What I mean is grow up and learn how to have a conversation instead of getting angry and generalizing.

Thanks

I'm in the uk and here is my story. Got a great job in old street, London. Set up a massive IT deal with a private school where members of the royal family and rich attend/attended. Wasn't allowed to meet them face to face because my boss who was also black was scared we would lose the deal!!!' He was acting from previous experience.

Another example was when I was manager for a Panasonic store. We had regular meetings at head office with managers from all over the country. Forget being the only black manager, I was the only black guy in the building!!!!
    Last edited by se23; 03-20-2014 at 03:17 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyofTheMacDaddy View Post
    This is not about diversity. This is about paying Rev. Jackson some money.
    well somebody has to pay for his thieving Son and daughter N law so they have some money when they get out of JAIL

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

When I went thru engineering school there was ONE black student in each school I went to (all public schools). But plenty of blacks studying phys-ed. That major (or theology, Rev. Jackson) don't help anybody get into a tech company let alone rise up the ranks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,186 Times in 979 Posts

Forget qualifications...let's just give jobs to people that have good skin tone!!!

I guess that makes me a candidate! 👍

Thanks

Default Not so hard to understand at all

My bad ignorant people just piss me off
    Obama isn't disrespected because he's black, he's disrespected because he's incompetent! And calling him "Mr." has absolutely nothing to do with the total lack of respect.

As for minorities in tech companies, they have the same opportunities as anyone else to work hard, study, and choose technical careers if they want. You might want to look at why they don't do those things instead of working so hard to carry that chip on your shoulder around.