Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Drive Storage Space Gets a Big Price Drop

Thanks

Default Google Drive Storage Space Gets a Big Price Drop

Google recently announced drastic price reductions for its paid Drive subscriptions, with 100 gigabytes of cloud storage now costing just $1.99 a month and 1 terabyte of data available for 9.99 per month, significantly undercutting the prices of rival Dropbox. Google Drive already offered lower pricing than Dropbox but the difference between the two services seems to be even larger now.

For individual Dropbox users, 100 gigabytes of cloud data runs $8.25 per month when billed annually or $9.99 per month on a month-by-month basis. A 200 gigabyte Dropbox account runs $16.60 per month billed annually, while 500 gigabytes is $41.60. Previously Google charged $4.99 per month for 100 gigabytes and $49.99 per month for one terabyte, both of which have been slashed to $1.99 and $9.99 per month respectively. The search giant also offers storage levels of 10 terabytes and higher starting at $99.99 per month.

Google Drive also offers 15 GBs of complimentary cloud storage for free. This is a higher amount than Dropbox’s starting 2 GBs, though that number can be increased through various methods including referrals.

As of right now Dropbox is the leader in the cloud file storage business, serving as the default storage and sharing platform for many. The service is available cross-platform, with dedicated applications available for Apple’s OS X and iOS, as well as Microsoft Windows and Google’s Android. Dropbox was allegedly offered a nine-figure buyout by Apple as part of a personal pitch by Steve Jobs in 2009. This offer was rejected and Apple ultimately went on to introduce its own iCloud service in 2011 which takes a different approach, focusing on the seamlessly syncing data in the background rather than dealing with traditional file structures such as Dropbox, Google Drive and others in the space.

Much like Dropbox, Google Drive also has its own application for Apple’s iOS as well as an OS X desktop client. The service is also integrated with third-party applications such as VLC. Other cloud storage solutions compatible with Apple’s platform include Box, Microsoft’s newly branded OneDrive and SugarSync. A Box personal account comes with 10 gigabytes for free, OneDrive includes 7 gigabytes of free storage and SugarSync recently transitioned to a paid-only model.

Are any of you going to be taking advantage of Google Drive’s new pricing options?

Source: Google (blog)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

dang... Apples are you listening... you needs to lower the prices for iCloud storages.

They way Google sniff their "customers" data, they should be paying you to store stuff on there!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberjunkyfreak View Post
    dang... Apples are you listening... you needs to lower the prices for iCloud storages.
    I'd rather pay more and not have the service provider rummaging through my files.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    They way Google sniff their "customers" data, they should be paying you to store stuff on there!

I'd rather pay more and not have the service provider rummaging through my files.
    You have proof of this? Did your "special video" get spread over the net?

Yeah as if Apple is innocent and did not start the Locationgate crap...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

kosher1 (03-14-2014)

Thanks

As a photographer on the go, I need a lot of storage for pictures. ONE 24MP RAW image can run up to 12mb. For ONE shot. But it's easy to beat the system:

I have a 32 gb SD card, 24gb storage on my tablet, 20gb storage on Nikon Image Space, 40GB from Box, 15 from Google, and 12 from Dropbox. Add it up, it comes to about 130gb. Totally free. It's not even a pain to use it like this, because A) I could never use it all up and B) each service makes it super easy to upload.

I wouldn't mind using Google Drive if I could use symlinks with it like I can with Dropbox or if it worked like SugarSync does.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

all I want to know is whether they put a limit on file sizes like Box does. Dropbox, doesn't, but I haven't tried too upload any large files on my Google Drive account.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

When will Azure follow???

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    all I want to know is whether they put a limit on file sizes like Box does. Dropbox, doesn't, but I haven't tried too upload any large files on my Google Drive account.
    I think it's 10 gigs