+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft to Release Free Version of OneNote for Mac

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Microsoft to Release Free Version of of OneNote for Mac

According to The Verge, Microsoft seems to be working on a version of OneNote for the Mac that will debut later this month. This release will expand the note-taking software beyond its roots as a paid desktop app for Windows users and will complement the mobile apps that exist on the iOS and Android platforms.

Microsoft will drop the price on the note-taking app and release it for free to both OS X and Windows owners according to the report. The latest version of OneNote may also include companion web-clipper extensions that plug into popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. These plug-ins will make it easy for people to grab snippets from web pages and immediately share them with the OneNote app.

The Redmond tech giant hopes the price drop along with new web-clipping feature will make OneNote attractive to customers who currently use competing note-taking apps such as Evernote. They following was mentioned regarding the matter:

We understand that Microsoft will release the OneNote for Mac app for free, and the company is also planning to make the Windows desktop version available at no extra cost. This marks a significant change in the way Microsoft manages OneNote, unbundling it fully from the cost of Office. We’re told part of this free approach is targeted at competitors like Evernote, but Microsoft is also adding additional features to entice people away from the competition.
    The launch of OneNote seems to be part of a larger push by Microsoft into the Apple ecosystem. The company is rumored to be working on a new version of Office for the Mac that may debut later this year as well as Office for the iPad that is allegedly coming soon.

Source: The Verge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

Love OneNote.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to danman2_2999 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (03-15-2014)

*T*
    Thanks

I hate oneNote. Worst application on earth. In fact, they would have to pay me to install it

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

👍 you got that right anything Microsoft complete rubbish