+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV 6.1 Update Mitigates Cluttered Screen

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Tired of your Apple TV screen looking cluttered with channels, most of which you never access in the first place? If so, help is on the way. On Monday, Apple
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple TV 6.1 Update Mitigates Cluttered Screen

Tired of your Apple TV screen looking cluttered with channels, most of which you never access in the first place? If so, help is on the way.

On Monday, Apple dropped more than just the long-awaited iOS 7.1, the folks in Cupertino also bestowed an update for Apple TV. Today, Apple TV 6.1 is addressing the matter of screen clutter referenced above.

Although it was already possible to remove from view any desired channels, many Apple TV users were either unaware of how to so via Settings or unwilling to take the time. With today's update, managing the Apple TV home screen is much, much easier.

Very similar to the process of moving or deleting apps from one's iPhone or iPad, users can now hold the select button until channel icons on the screen begin to wiggle. From there, pressing the play/pause button will prompt a menu to pop up that gives users the option to simply hide that icon from the screen.

As Apple TV continues to welcome new channels into the fold, this nifty capability will likely keep the screen clutter to a minimum and maintain the clean feel of an Apple product experience.

Source: Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is awesome, thanks Apple!

Banned
    Thanks

Oh, so again nothing new or useful. Thanks crApple for nothing again.

And thanks also those devs who never jailbroke the AppleTV as I was hoping they would've like they do every other iDevice. What is it now, 2 or 3 years and its still the only iDevice thats not jailbroken....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by c1972798 View Post

And thanks also those devs who never jailbroke the AppleTV as I was hoping they would've like they do every other iDevice. What is it now, 2 or 3 years and its still the only iDevice thats not jailbroken....
    Get a Apple TV 2 and stop crying. Also if you think it so easy why don't you try... Or maybe try doing some research and understand what is type of exploit is needed and what stage in the process they are in.

People like you ... Nvm

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kram37 For This Useful Post:

therandy (03-10-2014)

Je5
    Thanks

Default Correction

Pretty sure it has been jailbroken for a while or you wouldn't be able to use XBMC or NitoTV etc.
    Dont be that guy..!!!

Thanks

Get a life.

Thanks

I actually miss the old setup where it was menus. not a fan of all the app icons.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Je5 View Post
    Pretty sure it has been jailbroken for a while or you wouldn't be able to use XBMC or NitoTV etc.
    Yea, where is it then? It's NEVER been jailbroken. I'm talking about the ATV3.

Quote Originally Posted by kram37 View Post
    Get a Apple TV 2 and stop crying.
    Does the ATV2 do 1080p? Nope, thats why I brought the ATV3.

Thanks

Yea, where is it then? It's NEVER been jailbroken. I'm talking about the ATV3.

Does the ATV2 do 1080p? Nope, thats why I brought the ATV3.
    Oh quit whining.... ******** about it's not going to make any of the dev's want to work on it!