Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cook Mentions Apple's Sapphire Facility is for a "Secret Project"

Thanks

Default Cook Mentions Apple's Sapphire Facility is for a "Secret Project"

When asked about Apple’s US manufacturing efforts during a question and answer session with Apple shareholders recently, CEO Tim Cook mentioned the company’s new sapphire production facility was for a “secret project” that he couldn’t talk about according to a report in The Wall Street Journal. Cook didn’t give any more information but did say separately that the company is working on “extensions of what we’re already doing” and also “things you can’t see.” He reiterated that secrecy is important because Apple is ‘getting ripped off left, right and sideways” by its competitors. The following was mentioned regarding the matter:

In response to a question about manufacturing in the U.S., Cook pointed to a plant a supplier recently opened in Arizona to produce sapphire exclusively for Apple. There’s been speculation that Apple may use the super-hard sapphire to produce scratch-resistant screens for future iPhones. Cook said the Arizona facility was a "secret project" that he couldn’t talk about.

But then, he said other Apple suppliers "already make" glass for iPhones in the U.S. An Apple spokeswoman declined additional comment.
    Apple routinely denies having any particular new project in the works so it’s possible that a future iPhone model with an ultra-durable sapphire screen is the “secret project” to which Cook is referring to though there are a number of other possibilities for sapphire crystal including a potential smart watch product. Cook previously confirmed that the plant would make sapphire, but the company has thus far refused to say anything more about it. He did mention that investors should plan to hold Apple stock for the long term, saying the following to investors looking for a quick turnaround:

I encourage you not to invest in Apple.
    Source: The Wall Street Journal

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Glasses.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    Glasses.
    Idiot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to *T* For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (03-01-2014)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 753 Posts

He says was for "secret project" (past tense). Should be "is" meaning present time. Either grammar error? Or Apple is bluffing lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

I applaud Mr. Cook's final comment about wanting investors to be with Apple for a long haul and to not look to trade on Apple for a quick buck. When the stock market started, before technology and day traders invaded, it was actually about investing in the future of American companies. It's sad that most modern investors now don't actually care about who they invest in or whether the companies they invest in are long-term successful, they just care about whether they can trade the stock in advantageous ways to earn quick cash. I wish the stock market would impose mandatory hold times for stocks - if investors were required to hold onto their stocks for 2-4 weeks minimum before trading them away, I honestly think the world would be a much better place.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PCYoda For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (03-01-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

To the poster above: Time Cook is only quoted saying "secret project". The tense was added by the writer that ModMyI is quoting.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (03-04-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    To the poster above: Time Cook is only quoted saying "secret project". The tense was added by the writer that ModMyI is quoting.
    When you quote something normally you don't change whats inside the quote, otherwise it wouldn't be a quote. Jus sayin no?

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    When you quote something normally you don't change whats inside the quote, otherwise it wouldn't be a quote. Jus sayin no?
    You are quite right sir. The previous poster was asleep in 8th grade English class..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow! The author of this article is quoting from another article. The author of that article is only quoting two words. Tim Cook may have said was or maybe not, regardless that isn't part of the quote, just the article this article references. Yet somehow insulting my intelligence negates your inability to understand what source is being referenced above? Just read it again. It really isn't very complex.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

Nvm
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

It's a secret lab for Walt and Jesse

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bobright For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They´re going into the jewelry business now.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Co1d Night For This Useful Post: