+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac Owners with OS X 10.9.2 Report Issues with AirPlay Functionality

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Mac Owners with OS X 10.9.2 Report Issues with AirPlay Functionality

Following the release of Apple’s OS X 10.9.2 update, a number of users seem to have taken to Apple’s Support Communities forum claiming the latest version has “broken” AirPlay Mirroring and extending of desktops to external displays.

For those of you who didn’t know, Apple released the latest Mac operating system version this past Monday to patch a variety of issues, including an SSL security flaw, erratic Mail behavior and SMB2 reliability. The update also added FaceTime Audio calling and iMessage user blocking.

According to one of the forum threads titled “Airplay mirroring broke in 10.9.2,” users are seeing a slew of different failures. One of the users found AirPlay Mirroring was no longer a selectable option in the AirPlay menu. Others have been able to connect to their Apple TV but only audio is passed through in these cases. In addition to the mirroring faults, users detail problems with AirPlay’s desktop extension function.

Many users were able to reproduce several of the described issues with various Apple devices running OS X 10.9.2. Issues included scaling issues on both the Mac and Apple TV, low frame rates, sporadic mouse freezing and video failures. Performing a hard reset on the devices including the wireless router proved to be ineffective and unstable to the point of being unusable.

Have any of you encountered this issue?

Source: Apple (Support Forum)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Wish I had an Apple TV to test this out. That's going to be annoying though as I rely on this feature a lot at school.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I've noticed that 10.9.2 is just slower and more laggy overall. I think we need Steve to rise from the grave and chew some people out for a lot of the software mistakes the company has had in the last 6 months.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

We'll over the last year in fact mountain lion and mavericks

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Go get Beamer, it fixes all issues with Airplay, allows for AVI, MKV, or any other format and it's an app so you can actually still use your screen downside is it costs $10

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Only audio is passed through on my airplay from Mac to Apple TV .