+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS 7.0.6 Adoption Reaches 13.3% in North America within 48 Hours of Releasing

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's iOS 7.0.6 Adoption Reaches 13.3% in North America within 48 Hours of Releasing

Recently released mobile tracking data shows that within two days of its release, Apple’s iOS 7.0.6 security and maintenance update, which repaired a critical SSL-related bug, was already installed on more than 13% of iPhones and iPads in North America.

For those of you who didn’t already know, iOS 7.0.6 became available to the public at the end of last week. Even though the following two days were over the weekend and there were no new features to end users, initial adoption was strong. Recently published data by mobile analytics firm Chitika shows that 13.3% of iOS traffic in the US was driven by iOS 7.0.6 just 48 hours after the update was released.

This data is based on tens of millions of US and Canadian iOS-based online ad impressions which were generated through Chitika’s ad network. The impressions were tracked from February 21through February 23 and cover both the iPhone and iPad. As a result, Chitika believes it’s possible that a majority of North American iOS device users will be using the latest version of the mobile operating system by next week. This would mean that users are updating faster than they used to as Chitika’s data from iOS 5.1.1 showed that it took close to three weeks to reach 58% adoption.

As of Sunday, the most popular form of iOS was 7.0.4 accounting for 54.1%. In terms of the latest major OS release, more than 84% of all North American devices tracked are running iOS 7. That being said, a more significant update to Apple’s mobile platform is expected to arrive next month in the form of iOS 7.1. The update has been said to make its debut in mid-March with a number of tweaks intended to address issues with cracking and also to speed up animations in the operating system.

Have you updated to iOS 7.0.6 in the meantime?

Source: Chitika

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

I updated and I don't use the phone to browse nor did I install any apps or use anything that has an ad on it. How do they account for my phone? I'd rather see this information being released by apple.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

PokemonDesigner (02-27-2014)

Thanks

Why waste time with analytics when you can hire a 3rd party company that specializes in analytics? I'm noting the new OS's are being adopted much faster than in the past. Probably due to being jailbreakable...but I could be wrong.

Thanks

My iPhone does not connect to itunes tried dfu mode power button home bottom both release power nothing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dgow452 View Post
    My iPhone does not connect to itunes tried dfu mode power button home bottom both release power nothing
    Take it into an apple store.

Thanks

Will they touch a jailbroken phone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Will they touch a jailbroken phone?
    Not if they can tell its jailbroken

Thanks

Try reinstalling apple device driver (windows) if you're using mac then dunno

Thanks

Thanks guys am on windows my computer didn't even register I plugged in did reinstall drivers computer did c iPhone and pictures wanted to import. So that part went ok. Updated itunes to latest tried again still no go. Maybe a tweak somewhere. I do pay for the apps. Eclipse was slowing it down deleted it runs smoother. Will try above stuff. Thanks guys. Wife doesn't like me fooling with computer so will update situation when I bet the chance. Thanks again everyone

Thanks

Reinstalled itunes backing up Then update ... Thanks again.

Thanks

Apple will just restore your device to see if that works.