+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Two-Step Verification Process for the Apple ID Expanded to More Countries

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's Two-Step Verification Process for the Apple ID Expanded to More Countries

Apple recently rolled out its two-step authentication system including verification via SMS for Apple ID users in Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and Spain. Originally spotted in Germany by Caschys Blog, Apple’s list of countries in which two-factor authentication is supported has been updated. The company’s FAQ page regarding the service has also been modified to reflect the changes.

Originally rolled out in the US, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and the UK, Apple’s opt-in two-step verification system providers an extra layer of security to Apple ID account holders. The six new locales added to the original launch group represent the service’s first official expansion since it went live in March of last year. When activated, users are required to enter both a password and a unique four-digit verification code when making changes to their Apple ID or conducting iTunes purchases from a new device. Codes are sent out to trusted devise via the Find my iPhone app or SMS text.

In May of 2013, users living in many of the same countries added to Apple’s list today reported activation of the service but access only lasted a few hours. The brief uptime led many to speculate that the feature was given a premature launch.

It should be noted that as a user’s Apple ID is carried across iTunes, iCloud, the Online Apple Store and even Apple support, securing the asset is the most important task. Apple’s two-step verification system is a major security feature that protects against credit card theft, reactivation of a stolen device and more.

Source: Apple (Support) via Caschys Blog

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I reset all settings on iPhone 5 I'm locked into safe mode anyone can help me fix this please? Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by godfred212 View Post
    I reset all settings on iPhone 5 I'm locked into safe mode anyone can help me fix this please? Thanks
    Just rejailbreak while you still can.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Just rejailbreak while you still can.
    Thanks I have done a complete restore

Thanks

Not a good idea for my household. There are 6 Apple products in my name (account) but I only personally use 3. Would there be a problem there or do they understand this?
    It's only because of the credit card that's needed and it's been 7 years (and lots of money).