Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BBM iOS App Updated, Adds Several Features to Try and Dethrone Competition

Thanks

Default BBM iOS App Updated, Adds Several Features to Try and Dethrone Competition

BlackBerry recently updated its BlackBerry Messenger app for iOS with a slew of new features. The company appears to be making a major push to unseat popular messaging apps like WhatsApp and Line with a substantial update that adds several new features including voice calling. The voice calling feature allows BBM users to call one another over their handsetís data connection free of charge.

The company also added BBM Channels, forum-like chat areas that can be created by users or managed by brands and businesses. In addition to this, users can now also attach pictures, voice notes and files to messages.

The recent update also features Dropbox integration, allowing files to be sent directly from the cloud storage service. New emoticons and the ability create larger groups also make an appearance.

Those of you interested in downloading the 31.5 MB 2.0 version of the app can do so for free from the App Store.

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

with tango you can do all that plus facetime and one on one gaming. Also how's it any different than viber?

My friends with only their work phone BB's find it very useful to group me into their stuff with BBM. I prefer ios but it's nice to be quasi cross platform

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    with tango you can do all that plus facetime and one on one gaming. Also how's it any different than viber?
    Was thinking that myself