+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: iWatch to Monitor Blood Oxygen Levels

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Rumor: iWatch to Monitor Blood Oxygen Levels

In recent weeks, Apple has purportedly hired a number of experts in the field of mobile medical sensors while advertising job opening for similarly mHealth-savvy engineers to work on an unnamed product - a product many believe will become the still-mythical iWatch.

On Friday, China’s Electrical Engineering Times reported that Apple's smartwatch will be a full-fledged mobile medical resource that will be able to do much more than originally imagined.

Electronics industry analyst Sun Chang Xu says that Cupertino’s long-rumored wearable device may monitor heart rate and blood oxygen levels. However, “inaccuracy” has caused Apple to shelve plans to add blood glucose monitoring to the device, according to China’s Electrical Engineering Times.
    The same report notes that the iWatch will capitalize on optoelectronics to monitor both blood oxygen levels and heart rate.

While Apple has given no indication of the iWatch's existence, let alone release date, most industry analysts and supply chain sources believe that this device will be among the new products Apple has promised for 2014.

Source: AppAdvice

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Hanh68 (02-14-2014), IrobertI (02-14-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love that there are rumors about functionality of a device that doesn't exist... I can't wait for the blurry pics to come in when the iWatch does actually start production.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlos6438 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (02-15-2014), jery911 (02-15-2014)

Thanks

^^HAHA! Im saying..all this secrecy. We all know what happens once it drops. Copy cats will abound. All of a sudden the watches that exist won't. Trashed to become clones of whatever Apple does..yay.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That would be awesome if they announced it in the April event!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol it would be hilarious if it never happens

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 755 Posts

so will this come with a kill switch too?

Edit: I'm not a fan of wearable tech
    Last edited by dsg; 02-14-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It would be tough to get people to buy into this iWatch...
    Most people I know who have iPhone have nice watches, I am not about to take off my Tag Heuer for this iWatch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iPod nano with a watch band and it does what I want, it's an iPod, it's a watch. The only thing it's missing is Bluetooth and content.

I don't need to talk to it, it wold be cool to see who emailed, texted, or called but I don't want to talk ON it. Just add Bluetooth to the nano, make its thinner and some stylish bands, some downloadable watch faces and the ability to last a few days on a charge and it will sell. Look at all the other watch products and take what's good and ditch what isn't, oh wait, that's what Apple does best so I'm sure it won't disappoint.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 755 Posts

normal watches have great battery life, why trade it for something that will last a few days; if that
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

Will it tell me when to breathe?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've always wanted to know my blood oxygen level.

Thanks

How about blood alcohol levels? That might be more useful.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlos6438 View Post
    I have an iPod nano with a watch band and it does what I want, it's an iPod, it's a watch. The only thing it's missing is Bluetooth and content.

I don't need to talk to it, it wold be cool to see who emailed, texted, or called but I don't want to talk ON it. Just add Bluetooth to the nano, make its thinner and some stylish bands, some downloadable watch faces and the ability to last a few days on a charge and it will sell. Look at all the other watch products and take what's good and ditch what isn't, oh wait, that's what Apple does best so I'm sure it won't disappoint.
    Why not just make a watch that looks better than the Nano if you're going to do all that?

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 671 Posts

Only thing I have trouble with, is usually we see prototype pieces(frames and etc...) we haven't seen anything yet except concept & rumors.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not sure what you mean. Make a watch that looks better than the nano? Then wouldn't it just be a watch? I mean that apple knows the key is content, amazon knows the key is content, Samsung thinks it's copying and tossing in the newest tech that they aren't even sure people want and rolling with it.

Take the nano 5th gen, improve it, make an App Store for watch faces and tiny and simple apps worth using on a smaller screen and then it will sell. Simple. My guess is they know this since they market so well every thing they make they sell.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    It would be tough to get people to buy into this iWatch...
    Most people I know who have iPhone have nice watches, I am not about to take off my Tag Heuer for this iWatch.
    I have 2 Jaegers, (Reverso), 2 Bulgari, an AP and a few others in my collection worth thousands. Yes, I will but an iwatch too. I can enjoy it on casual days. Guys that like watches and tech will buy.

I also predict the watch offered at the same time along side of the new iPhone.