+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Hires Former Masimo CMO for its Medical Team

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Hires Former Masimo CMO for its Medical Team

Continuing the expansion of an ever going medical devices research team, the Cupertino California company recently hired Michael O’Reilly, former chief medical officer and executive vice president of medical affairs at pulse oximeter firm Masimo Corporation. While O’Reilly’s LinkedIn page does not yet reflect the move to Apple, MobiHealthNews reports the former Masimo executive is now with the Cupertino California company.

The folks over at MacRumors were able to confirm with Masimo that O’Reilly is no longer with the company saying it “could not dispute” the recent reports of his new position at Apple. Although it’s unclear what O’Reilly will be doing at Apple, Masimo’s recent product releases give a bit of insight into the new hire. The firm recently launched an iPhone-compatible pulse oximeter in 2012. Pulse oximetry offers users a non-invasive and accurate means of pulse measurement by monitoring oxygen saturation in the blood stream.

Rumors are holding that Apple is building a so-called “iWatch” that will incorporate advanced health monitoring features. Much like other products such as the Withings’ Pulse fitness tracker include pulse reading technology, it isn’t out of the realm of possibility that an Apple solution would feature a similar solution. As an MD, O’Reilly lists himself as being in the “monitoring and information technology” trade. He currently teaches as an adjunct professor of anesthesiology at the University of Michigan as well as a professor of anesthesiology and perioperative care at the University of California, Irvine.

We’ll have to wait and see what Apple ends up doing going forward.

Source: LinkedIn, MobiHealthNews via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I heard from my sisters best friend that her brother said that he heard from a buddy's girlfriend that she heard from a doctor who sleeps with a intern on the TOP SECRET apple iwatch team that the NEW iwatch will actually be a microchip under your skin and it will project images and talk to you like with peter wellers voice.

Thanks

Sweet, I can't wait!!
    I was worried at first that this could be "second hand" info you were getting but when you said an "intern" was working on the team I knew it was legit... LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lmao Feanor64, best comment I have read all day. (Including all other sites I visited today).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan2022000 For This Useful Post:

Feanor64 (02-01-2014), Greatbiguns (02-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    Well I heard from my sisters best friend that her brother said that he heard from a buddy's girlfriend that she heard from a doctor who sleeps with a intern on the TOP SECRET apple iwatch team that the NEW iwatch will actually be a microchip under your skin and it will project images and talk to you like with peter wellers voice.
    "Dead or Alive, you are coming w/ me"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Feanor64 (02-02-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

he looks like that doctor from the famous youtube videos "will it blend" from blendtech. lol.