Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Aware That Its Retail Experience 'Stinks'

I cant stand apple stores and avoid them at all costs, but I had to go get a replacement phone for my girl that dropped her phone. Getting something done that's important to me is almost impossible to do promptly. I went down there and kept begging for help and they told me no one could help me because I didn't make an appointment ( because there were none available anywhere in 30 miles ) they even confirmed this . They said I can wait an HOUR and see if something opens up. I had to speak to 3 people just to allow them to bless me with that customer service. Everyone there had a smug attitude like I was being ridiculous to think I could walk in for a device swap. I asked to speak to a manager and they would not allow me to either. Two of the employees even saw my work uniform and since I work for Mercedes (customer service job) they expected me to sympathize/understand with them on why they could not help me, but could you imagine if a Mercedes customer had shown up with an incapacitated vehicle that it would be ok for me to tell them I cant help them? LOL yea right they would rip us apart. They would be in a free loaner vehicle and on their way and treated respectfully like any other customer paying good money for high end property. SO I waited the hour and was still given the run around again and I finally got someone helping me who was actually really polite, but he tried to charge me $100 for the device swap even though I had apple care which should only be $50 bucks. I even showed him on his own computer on their website that my phone had applecare. The dude actually told me to go to ATT and ask them about why I don't have it because it didn't show in their computer. At that point I really got heated demanded a manager and told them I bought apple care from them not att and someone who knows what they are doing needs to help me now and finally about 20 mins later they figured it out and got me the phone at the right price. There was a lot of other comments and things I left out to summarize this story sorry for the long read, but I felt like ranting. I emailed apple and the store manager called and apologized that their staff would allow me to talk to her. I also told them they need to save slots or escalate people with a non-working device over people looking to learn how to use their e-mail or browse the internet which may be selfish, but seriously most of the people at the apple store don't even need to be there which is why I hate going because it's full of people trying to learn how to use their phones taking up everyone's time.

This is such a punny article.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

That there puppy lost his way and that there fella said u got no points

Quote Originally Posted by twigwonderkid View Post
    Come to Belfast store. It's freezing, in this country, we declare a heat wave if over 70 degrees . Which is about 2 days a year. No chance if sweating .
    I dream of sweating
    Hit the gym

Quote Originally Posted by Krississ View Post
    Itz only smellz
    I hope im not the only one to get this reference lol

The only store I have ever gone to where you are IGNORED because your supposed to know you should have an appointment I find the service stinks

Something about this story doesn't smell right.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

HEY! ... There's an APP for that!

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    I cant stand apple stores and avoid them at all costs, but I had to go get a replacement phone for my girl that dropped her phone. Getting something done that's important to me is almost impossible to do promptly. I went down there and kept begging for help and they told me no one could help me because I didn't make an appointment ( because there were none available anywhere in 30 miles ) they even confirmed this . They said I can wait an HOUR and see if something opens up. I had to speak to 3 people just to allow them to bless me with that customer service. Everyone there had a smug attitude like I was being ridiculous to think I could walk in for a device swap. I asked to speak to a manager and they would not allow me to either. Two of the employees even saw my work uniform and since I work for Mercedes (customer service job) they expected me to sympathize/understand with them on why they could not help me, but could you imagine if a Mercedes customer had shown up with an incapacitated vehicle that it would be ok for me to tell them I cant help them? LOL yea right they would rip us apart. They would be in a free loaner vehicle and on their way and treated respectfully like any other customer paying good money for high end property. SO I waited the hour and was still given the run around again and I finally got someone helping me who was actually really polite, but he tried to charge me $100 for the device swap even though I had apple care which should only be $50 bucks. I even showed him on his own computer on their website that my phone had applecare. The dude actually told me to go to ATT and ask them about why I don't have it because it didn't show in their computer. At that point I really got heated demanded a manager and told them I bought apple care from them not att and someone who knows what they are doing needs to help me now and finally about 20 mins later they figured it out and got me the phone at the right price. There was a lot of other comments and things I left out to summarize this story sorry for the long read, but I felt like ranting. I emailed apple and the store manager called and apologized that their staff would allow me to talk to her. I also told them they need to save slots or escalate people with a non-working device over people looking to learn how to use their e-mail or browse the internet which may be selfish, but seriously most of the people at the apple store don't even need to be there which is why I hate going because it's full of people trying to learn how to use their phones taking up everyone's time.

This is a prime example of a guy who has entitlement issues. Wow, do you not understand that there's a limited number of people who can swap or diagnose your device? Or maybe you forget that everyone that's in that store for the Genius Bar MADE an appointment, you are not ABOVE everyone else, get your head out of your arse. You are not specifically entitled to be helped before anyone else. Wow, you had to wait an hour, they were trying to help you out as soon as possible while still being fair to those WHO FOLLOWED PROCEDURE. You're a f*cking idiot.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    MMYI passed the disgrace level long ago.
    Will you shut the hell up and stop slamming FREE news sources? If you cough up cash THEN you can gripe about the reporting. I'm sick and tired of "people" like you going on about news that OTHERS are interested in. If you don't like it, DON'T READ IT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12