Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incoming Apple Executive Angela Ahrendts to be named Dame of the British Empire

Thanks

Default Incoming Apple Executive Angela Ahrendts to be named Dame of the British Empire

As she prepares for her new role as head of retail operations at Apple, the outgoing Burberry Chief Executive Angela Ahrendts will be honored with another distinction. She is currently set to be named a Dame of the British Empire. Ahrendts will be joined by Melinda Gates, philanthropist and wife of Microsoft founder Bill Gates. According to Vogue, the honor will be bestowed upon both women in the coming weeks.

For those of you who donít know, the title of dame is the female equivalent of knighthood, or being named a ďsir,Ē in the UK. Damehood for a non-British national is said to be approved by the Queens but isnít awarded by a member of the royal family.

The Cupertino California company hired Ahrendts last October to take over its retail operations with a new title of Senior vice President of Retail and Online Stores. Ahrendts wonít be taking the position until this spring, which is when she is set to finish wrapping up her duties at Burberry. The 53-year-old Ahrendts who was born in Indiana has spent most of her professional career in the fashion industry. In 2006, she was named CEO of Burberry, a luxury British brand established in 1856 that has 9,000 employees as of today.

Source: Vogue

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My sexist nature says, 'you go, kitten', but my sensitive metro side says, 'congratulations on breaking another ceiling!'

WHat the f•ck is "metro"??

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Who's that guy in the photo again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhp41 View Post
    WHat the f•ck is "metro"??
    Metrosexual - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia