+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV Gets Minor Update on Tuesday

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
If Red Bull gives you wings, then Apple TV is prepared for liftoff. A number of readers have informed us that Apple TV has been updated today (but don't get
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple TV Gets Minor Update on Tuesday

If Red Bull gives you wings, then Apple TV is prepared for liftoff.

A number of readers have informed us that Apple TV has been updated today (but don't get too excited, it's a small update). The biggest change? The addition of the Red Bull TV channel.

If you're not familiar, the digital-exclusive channel is ad-free and largely centers around original programming related to extreme sports, music, and cultural entertainment.

The energy drink giant, which also throws in the occasional movie to its programming lineup, calls the channel an "exclusive wingman to the best seats at spectacular sporting and culture experiences worldwide."

Although today's update may be exciting to some, most fans are waiting for the next major update. And we're talking hardware.

The rumor mill has been wrong so many times on this matter that it's not even worth speculating as to when this long overdue upgrade may come. But no one would be shocked if it's soon.

Source: Apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Who cares about a hardware update when the software is so limited? AppleTV has the potential to be so much more successful.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (01-29-2014), subywrex (01-28-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone loopweb's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with that. The MK908 shows how to do it better.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't care about the upgrade I want a jailbreak to come out for my Apple TV 3

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Any news on a jailbreak for the apple tv 3?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No nothing there is no jailbreak yet only for Apple TV 2

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No one would be shocked if it's not soon either. :/

Banned
    Thanks

The ATV3 is the only iDevice that cant be jailbroken as nobody is working on it.
    Its also the only iDevice thats got next to no good functions. It cant stream movies from your PC like every other little TV box out there.
    Its so limited its stupid. It desperately NEEDS a jailbreak to get it any kind of useful.

And this redbull channel. Great, another channel I will hide. When they going to add something useful like the ability to stream from DLNA devices? IF they do add some sort of streaming I bet it'll be limited to iTunes only. 99.9% of my movies are AVI so that will suck. Oh, that and they aren't on the PC they are on a DLNA device.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm with you on that the redbull channel sucks apple needs to step up and do better on the apple tv3 and that's why they need to make a jailbreak for it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by c1972798 View Post
    The ATV3 is the only iDevice that cant be jailbroken as nobody is working on it.
    Its also the only iDevice thats got next to no good functions. It cant stream movies from your PC like every other little TV box out there.
    Its so limited its stupid. It desperately NEEDS a jailbreak to get it any kind of useful.

And this redbull channel. Great, another channel I will hide. When they going to add something useful like the ability to stream from DLNA devices? IF they do add some sort of streaming I bet it'll be limited to iTunes only. 99.9% of my movies are AVI so that will suck. Oh, that and they aren't on the PC they are on a DLNA device.
    Your wrong!!! if you load a moive in iTunes on a PC it will airplay to the Apple TV. Do your research first.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

The big thing on jailbreak on Apple TV is XBMC and to stream downloaded movies , infuse is the one that allows playing virtually any formats.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Redbull channel? I have a Roku for BS like that.
    ATV2 + JB + XBMC = JOY!
    Last edited by luvmytj; 01-29-2014 at 01:12 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

The only reAson I don't own a roku 3 is becauce of video games. The roku doesn't mirror my idevices so I can't play DeadSpace on the big screen. I also like the ability to stream in 1080p vs the older versions. I'm hopefull that there is a jailbreak soon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iphone is jailbroken so I just airplay everything from my iphone movie box is a great app you should check it out in cydia you can watch free movies that are still in the movie theaters and in good quality and lots of tv shows to way better then Netflix

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad.carmichael For This Useful Post:

spectrum (01-30-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad.carmichael View Post
    My iphone is jailbroken so I just airplay everything from my iphone movie box is a great app you should check it out in cydia you can watch free movies that are still in the movie theaters and in good quality and lots of tv shows to way better then Netflix
    +1

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brad.carmichael View Post
    Personally, I enjoy Netflix US after pointing my DNS to Netflix USA from Canada on my Apple TV 2.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes I just did the same thing the us netflix is way better then the Canadian one but still if your phone is jailbroken download moviebox in cydia