+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Website in Full Mac Birthday Mode

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple is in full-blown birthday mode this Friday morning, as evidenced by the temporarily revamped Apple website homepage. As MMi previously reported, today marks the 30th anniversary of the introduction
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Website in Full Mac Birthday Mode

Apple is in full-blown birthday mode this Friday morning, as evidenced by the temporarily revamped Apple website homepage.

As MMi previously reported, today marks the 30th anniversary of the introduction of Apple's first Mac computer. Three decades ago, a bow tie-wearing Steve Jobs lifted the curtain on a $2,500 machine that delivered an anything but impressive 128 kilobytes of memory. But the mold was broken by the Mac. And Apple is remembering its rich history along the path to the computer line's present market glories.

"In 1984," the homepage copy reads, "Apple introduced the world to Macintosh. It was designed to be so easy to use that people could actually use it."

And it came with a promise, Apple reminds us, which holds that the power of technology taken from a few and put n the hands of everyone "could change the world." Today, Apple says that based on the Mac's track record over the last 30 years, that promise has been kept.

To check out Apple's complete retrospective on the creation and evolution of the Mac, take a trip down memory lane with Apple here.

Source: Apple

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I want that iMac balloon wallpaper lol

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I want that iMac balloon wallpaper lol

Lol, it is pretty sweet!

I started using Apple computers since I was 4 or 5 and have never looked back...and never will!

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

The Mac was my first "real" computer back in the day. I had the Commodore VIC20 and C64 before that. The good ole days.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I started out with windows 95 and up to vista when I looked into an apple. And got me a white MacBook. It's been 4 years I just bought a 21" new slim iMac. It's sweet