+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook and Top Apple Execs Grant Rare Interview to ABC

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
To commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Mac, ABC has wrangled a major interview with some fairly low-key and soft-spoken folks - three of the top executives at Apple. Although
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Tim Cook and Top Apple Execs Grant Rare Interview to ABC

To commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Mac, ABC has wrangled a major interview with some fairly low-key and soft-spoken folks - three of the top executives at Apple.

Although the interview will air in full this evening, highlights appeared on Good Morning America early today. And, not surprisingly, Apple CEO Tim Cook wasn't willing to spill the beans on much, however, when referencing the recent manufacturing push for the new Mac Pro, Cook said Apple can and will "do more."

Joining Cook in the interview was Craig Federighi, head of Software Engineering, and Bud Tribble, VP of Software Technology. But Cook's comments, particularly those about Apple's penchant for secrecy, are getting the most coverage today.

By Cook's own admission, Apple's secretive mode of operation is not exaggerated in the press. Many Apple employees are strictly prohibited from discussing Apple projects even with members of their own families. "Yes, there are black drapes, and numerous locked doors, and many other things," Cook said, adding that many corridors and labs on Apple territory are off limits to all but a select few.

For more snippets from the ABC News interview with Apple CEO Tim Cook before the full segment airs, click here.

Source: ABC

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Ha! I love how people think they'll get Cook or other Apple Execs to "spill the beans" on future products. There's no way they would ever do that! I wonder if these companies think to themselves, "maybe we'll get lucky and he'll tell us about a secret project they're working on"! Funny stuff! If allthingsd can't get 'em to talk...I highly doubt anyone will.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Ha! I love how people think they'll get Cook or other Apple Execs to "spill the beans" on future products. There's no way they would ever do that! I wonder if these companies think to themselves, "maybe we'll get lucky and he'll tell us about a secret project they're working on"! Funny stuff! If allthingsd can't get 'em to talk...I highly doubt anyone will.
    It falls under the "due diligence" part of the job. The media has to ask the questions. An unasked question is an unanswered question. You never really know if you will get anything out of someone. Even their "no" response can be revealing in the way they phrase it, their non-vocal mannerisms, etc.

That said, it's not like this is the only instance that a question is asked where the answer is pretty much known. See almost any political press conference for more examples.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    It falls under the "due diligence" part of the job. The media has to ask the questions. An unasked question is an unanswered question. You never really know if you will get anything out of someone. Even their "no" response can be revealing in the way they phrase it, their non-vocal mannerisms, etc.

That said, it's not like this is the only instance that a question is asked where the answer is pretty much known. See almost any political press conference for more examples.
    I agree with your comment, but I'm talking about just Apple. If they have projects behind multiple locked doors allowing only a few select people in of course they're not going to say anything. Not to mention I'm basing this on multiple years of people asking and Apple saying nothing, no matter who it is. That's why I find it funny.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If only the US Government could keep a secret as well as Apple. Maybe that's why the DOJ is fighting so hard to keep their ECM in place despite everything Apple is trying to get that Bromwich guy removed

Thanks

the problem with the security on phones does not have anything to do with apple's servers as you use a network to get your calls and that is were the data is taken from , so for tim cook to say they would have to carry them out in a box is rubbish , the only way an iphone would be safe is if it was on an apple phone network , something that will never happen , telecom providers need to put a stop to these actions as apple cant and wont stop it , as they need the support to keep samsung from banning any idevices in the usa