Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
The Pin Lock feature definitely does what it supposed to do. Its not up to Apple to control crime. Police should thank them for giving them something to do :] On a serious note, I don't want anyone being able to kill my phone but me. If my phone gets stolen, why do i care if someone can use it..I CAN'T! Controlling what happens to your phone after you don't have it...once again who cares. You're still going to go buy another one. At the same time, Obama can turn off the internet anytime he wants to, Interpole can investigate you without supervision or consequence...I hope you all know that the day when they decide to put into effect a kill switch is right around the corner...natural progression.
Just thinking out loud about what you wrote:

Pin Lock: If you mean SIM pin, yes, it prevents unauthorized use of a SIM. That's not the problem. The problem is a stolen iPhone.

Its not up to Apple to control crime: Yes, it's not up to Apple. However, if Apple creates an environment conducive to criminal enterprise and knowingly allows it to continue through inaction and profits from said enterprise then they are just as guilty as the thieves.

I don't want anyone being able to kill my phone but me: I totally agree with this. A remote kill via the carrier networks may be the answer but it needs to be controlled by the owner. Of course it would be difficult to guarantee that but it's worth talking about.

If my phone gets stolen, why do i care if someone can use it: Motive. The market for stolen iPhones is HUGE. And that's ignoring theft of other types of devices (computers, laptops, radios, etc.) If Your stolen iPhone can't be used in any network in the world, it's worthless to anyone but you. That's why you care. Your iPhone is substantially less likely to be stolen if it can't be used.

Obama can turn off the internet anytime he wants to: Watch less TV. Obama is incapable of 'turning off the internet anytime he wants'. It's too decentralized, too global. I suppose he could send people to cut some links and possibly isolate the US & its territories but I think that it's more likely we'd see a global financial meltdown leading to Road Warrior-type chaos first. Or the melting of the polar caps. Take your pick.

Interpole [sic] can investigate you without supervision or consequence: Actually, InterPol is overwatched and monitored far more diligently than most US LEAs. One of the primary complaints about InterPol is related to Red Notices and their use against exiled political and refugees which, frankly, doesn't apply to most people here. You should be more concerned with your local LEA that is far more likely to have a much bigger impact on your day-to-day activities.