+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forrester Finds Microsoft Beats The Apple Brand

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Forrester Finds Microsoft Beats The Apple Brand

The top-brand bragging rights belong to Microsoft. That's the declaration put forward by Forrester this week as the prominent research firm revealed its latest survey findings at the 2014 Consumer Electronic Show.

The Microsoft brand, Forrester says, has trumped Apple's. Significant news? Not really. But it's making headlines nonetheless.

Recently, Forrester conducted consumer Technographics research with U.S. online adults to uncover the drivers of a successful 21st century consumer technology brand.

"In a surprise upset, Microsoft trumped Apple and Samsung in the TRUE brand rankings," Forrester confirms. "In fact, Microsoft was the only brand in the survey to achieve the coveted trailblazer status – indicating that the Microsoft brand is 'at the forefront of brand building with a unique and distinct brand identity that sets it apart from other brands.'"

According to the same findings, however, all three brands were seen as "innovative" by consumers.

Forrester says that folks interested to learn what sets Microsoft apart from its rivals should check out the new “Innovative Consumer Technology Brands Win The Battle For Mindshare” report, which is available for purchase now.

Source: Forrester

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Why did I spend all this time and money going to college when I could have just become an analyst?
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (01-08-2014), hemptation (01-08-2014), slim.jim (01-08-2014)

Thanks

No one likes any of the products Microsoft has released since Windows 7. No one has really liked practically any Microsoft product ever.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 01-08-2014 at 04:12 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (01-08-2014), hemptation (01-08-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Why did I spend all this time and money going to college when I could have just become an analyst?
    Exactly. Just spout out some random facts and you're good to go. And don't even bother with the nay-sayers, the next iPhone will have a 6inch screen and faster processor and a 14mp camera in it due next cycle.

Thanks

From what parallel universe did this guy port in from? Or did his plane make a long layover in Denver.

You don't have to be an Apple fanboy to know this is fantasy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

Analyst or Meteorologist? Tough choice as to which profession allows you to say completely wrong things and get away with it more.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Here is Microsoft's brand in one word:
    Crashes!

Seriously, that's what sums up Microsoft products these days.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    No one likes any of the products Microsoft has released since Windows 7. No one has really liked practically any Microsoft product ever.
    I actually like windows 8.1. I boot (really really quickly) into the desktop and I've got my win 7 start menu back with "start is back". Basically if I ignore all the metro crap it's win 7 but far faster

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Crashes!

And I've yet to have it crash....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lol
    Except this:
    Most US businesses use a windows based pc
    Microsoft Office is the Number one office suite in the world.
    Windows has the greatest number of software available

Windows os devices vastly outnumber OSX devices world wide

lol yeah except for that…

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Crashes!

? What are you talking about? Since Windows 7 its stable as heck!
    I have 7 here and at work with some win 8 OS
    also my wife has 8

Guess what? No crashes

Its a myth
    Older versions may and did crash

If any Win 7 or later crashed its probably 99% due to some other piece of software or problem Hardware the OS is solid as a rock
    Last edited by WHUDS; 01-08-2014 at 06:24 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

They must have this data confused with business vs consumer. I'd say almost all the consumers are hating W8, and even paying money to downgrade their brand new computer to Windows 7.

Apple's computer sales have gone steadily up. However, not surprisingly, tablets are the new. Soon there will be only tablets and computers are going to go away. If the rumors are true, we'll likely see an iPad tablet, with a larger screen, running an optimized version of iOS and Mac os X. The best of both worlds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Lol
    Except this:

What I'm talking about is how the number one reason Windows is "popular" is that they blatantly violated antitrust laws to ensure a monopoly by raising licensing prices for computer manufacturers if they offered their customers more than one OS choice—among other major violations—and not that they made the best system. Windows being used more than OS X or Linux isn't exactly what I'm talking about; I'm referring to how they blocked development of other commercial systems that wanted to sell to manufacturers. All versions of Windows are unfriendly to the average user, and the command line sucks compared to Unix, so power users are generally better off with a different system as well. Windows always strangely behaves like it's in an office even when it's not: "Contact the system administrator," etc. Windows is the only modern OS that has to perform massive amounts of maintenance at scheduled times. Microsoft has to offer downloadable tools to fix quirky problems that show up through no fault of the user. The point is that most people who use Windows aren't exactly happy with it. Any OS would have the most software if most people used it.

Office is one of the few Microsoft products most people agree is the best.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 01-08-2014 at 07:26 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I have both Windows 7 and 8.1 on my laptop. My laptop came with 7 and that is fast and stable with it. When I installed Windows 8 on it though, I did have stability issues where it would bluescreen about twice a day but the crashes were fixed when I upgraded it to 8.1

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    The Microsoft brand, Forrester says, has trumped Apple's. Significant news? Not really.
    Yes really....especially considering that if the situation were reversed you'd be the first to blabber away on an endless tirade of praise for Apple and how epic and awesome it is. Considering all the hype you and other put on Apple and how much it is blown up every time Apple achieves even the most minor of victories...... Yes I find it significant that Apple got "trumped" in anything related to their respective industry.

Apple has been well established for a long time now and still got beat. And even though it won't affect Apple in the least......Deal with it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
    Lol
    Except this:

? What are you talking about? Since Windows 7 its stable as heck!
    I have 7 here and at work with some win 8 OS
    also my wife has 8

Guess what? No crashes

Its a myth
    Older versions may and did crash

If any Win 7 or later crashed its probably 99% due to some other piece of software or problem Hardware the OS is solid as a rock
    It's myth... Did you see the Surface keynote?

Thanks

Difference between trendy and a standard. When it comes to smart phones, laptops and desktops Apple seems to be on top right now. But we all know behind all of this is a server built by or software running MS. One needs the other. As a consumer I use both. Both are relevant and will be around for some time. Everything above is isolated opinion. While the article seems to spout fact, I see no #'s to support anything reported. The line "come again" comes to mind :]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Difference between trendy and a standard. When it comes to smart phones, laptops and desktops Apple seems to be on top right now. But we all know behind all of this is a server built by or software running MS. One needs the other. As a consumer I use both. Both are relevant and will be around for some time. Everything above is isolated opinion. While the article seems to spout fact, I see no #'s to support anything reported. The line "come again" comes to mind :]
    It's a better option to have a server running Linux.

Thanks

Office is one of the few Microsoft products most people agree is the best.
    "Best" doesn't mean good. I have to use Word once a year to produce a long, 100s of pages tech report and Word sux. And it's had the same bugs and limitations for years, no improvement.

Thanks

TBH...I started out with a PC & at the time..i never really though of a Mac other than they costed WAYYYY to much & i thought Windows was a Pretty Decent OS. I've Ran everything from XP(Which i STILL Think is The Best Windows OS EVER!) To Vista & Then Windows 7.Don't get me Wrong Windows make some decent software & hardware but the Constent updates everytime someone decided to Hack..or Spayware windows came with an Update. Then there's the issue with Price..sure PC's Prices vary from decently Priced $499 to $1000; BUT....When windows comes out with A New OS you either had a machine that could Run it or couldn't..and if you had to Buy the Software it wasn't Cheap and by Cheap i mean Apple Price for Software. So.. ..over the years of Buying Laptops after laptops The Amount of money I SPENT I could have BOUGHT A Mac, not to mention the resale value of a PC isn't Squat....vs that of a Mac. So I bought one. My first was a iMac 2011 then swapped it for My Current Model, the Mac Mini.