Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OpenEmu 1.0 Brings Popular Emulators to the Mac OS X

Thanks

Default OpenEmu 1.0 Brings Popular Emulators to the Mac OS X

An open source project that goes by the name OpenEmu 1.0 is designed to bring game emulation to OS X and has recently been officially launched. Thought there are several other emulator options for OS X, OpenEmu has been designed from the ground up for OS X. The company had the following to say about the project:

For the first time, the ‘It just works’ philosophy now extends to open source video game emulation on the Mac. With OpenEmu, it is extremely easy to add, browse, organize and with a compatible gamepad, play those favorite games (ROMs) you already own.
    OpenEmu is able to emulate the hardware of several different consoles, including several 16-bit systems such as the Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Gear, NeoGeo Pocket, Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Genesis, and Super Nintendo, among others. The emulator features a native OS X interface with a design that mirrors iTunes, offering up ROMs in a unified card-style menu organized by system. OpenEmu includes full save state support, allowing multiple ROMs to be played at once, and it also provides OpenGL scaling, multithreaded playback and gamepad support.

Multiple controllers seem to be supported, including console controllers from Nintendo, Xbox and PlayStation, along with gamepads from Gravis, Logitech and more.

Those of you interested in downloading OpenEmu can do so from the project’s website; just hit the source link below.

Source: OpenEmu (website)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

So how do you buy ROM's for it?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Love how this site bans you for talking about pirating iOS Apps but promotes piracy of other software.

Blah blah emulators aren't illegal...blah blah....ROMs are piracy so STFU.
    At least with the iOS 7 jailbreak I won't have to pay for iOS Apps either.

Is it piracy if you own the game? I used to think all these emulators were people trying to steal games. But then I realized most of the games haven't been in production for years (although they would do ok in iOS App Store). The games I used to use on my iphone 4 emulator haven't been in production for a long time. That doesn't make it okay to pirate them if you do (did) not own them. But the great irony for me is if you did not own them they would have no appeal. Take Contra on the NES for example. It's only appealing to me because I spent so many hours on it as a young boy. Had this not been the case I could easily find (for free) a game that is ten times better in today's world.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Love how this site bans you for talking about pirating iOS Apps but promotes piracy of other software.

Blah blah emulators aren't illegal...blah blah....ROMs are piracy so STFU.
    At least with the iOS 7 jailbreak I won't have to pay for iOS Apps either.
    Nobody gets banned outright for that for starters. It is not against forum rules to discuss things like this. It is against forum rules to post links to warez or to help someone with installing them or troubleshooting issues with them.

ughhhhh of course it only supports 10.7 and later -.- i hate everything past snow leopard and i refuse to update it