+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple CEO Tim Cook Talks about Equality at Auburn University Lifetime Achievement Event

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple CEO Tim Cook Talks about Equality at Auburn University Lifetime Achievement Event

Apple CEO Tim Cook, who isn’t known for many video recorded public appearances outside of Apple events, recently spoke at length about equality at an Auburn University event. At the event, Cook went on to accept Auburn University’s College of Human Sciences Lifetime Achievement award. The folks over at AllThingsD wrote about Cook’s appearance and noted that his discussion included his two inspirations which are Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy. Cook said the following:

They sacrificed everything, including their lives, as champions of human rights and of human dignity. Their images inspire me. They serve as a reminder to me every day that regardless of the path that one chooses, there are fundamental commitments that should be a part of one’s journey.
    Cook even quoted the late Nelson Mandela (who Apple is currently honoring on its homepage). Unsurprisingly, Cook ended up taking a quote from Martin Luther King that he referred to in a video to Apple employees late in November. The quote read the following:

The time is always right to do what’s right.
    During his speech, Cook shared some life lessons and provided insight into Apple’s approach to making its technologies accessible for everyone. Those of you who are interested in listening to it can do so below:

Source: AllThingsD

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Well said Cook, you are the man.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kosher1's Avatar
    Thanks

He is no Jobs

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Accessible to everyone? I wonder how many third world countries he has visited. I guess they don't exist to him.