Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iWatch to Reportedly Arrive in October 2014 with Wireless Charging

Thanks

Default Apple's iWatch to Reportedly Arrive in October 2014 with Wireless Charging

According to the Chinese site, C Technology, Apple is reportedly planning to release its long-rumored iWatch alongside the next iPhone in October 2014 with the company having tested two iWatch prototypes. The report goes on to state that Apple hasn’t decided on the final screen size of the device, with the prototype units being powered by a 100 mAh battery. The iWatch is also rumored to include wireless charging capabilities which will allow the device to charge from up to a meter away, but this hasn’t been confirmed.

As of right now, the report questions the inclusion of a 100 mAh battery, noting that it appears to be too small to allow for significant battery life. Samsung’s Galaxy Gear, which contains a 315 mAh battery (over three times as large) has received criticism over poor battery life, so one can only imagine the battery life on Apple’s iteration as of right now. Battery life was previously reported as an issue as well for Apple with the iWatch prototypes only lasting 1-2 days on a charge and the company appears to be actively searching for ways to extend the battery life to 4-5 days. C Technology notes that wireless charging would be one way to reduce the burden of frequent charges but it is also unclear exactly how it would be implemented by Apple.

In contrast, another report from Digitimes stated that the iWatch would be released in Q2 2014, with component makers having started pilot production for the device. The same report stated that low part yields have pushed back mass production of the device from an internal target of Q1 2014 to Q2 2014, with Apple suppliers such as Quanta, Inventec, and Foxconn working on completing iWatch production orders.

As many of you may already know, reports and rumors of the iWatch have continually surfaced throughout the past few months with Apple rumored to be releasing both 1.7- and 1.3-inch displays of the watch for men and women. NPD DisplaySearch analyst Paul Gagnon notes that Apple appears to have put its major television product plans on hold for the time being in order to focus on wearables such as the iWatch.

When it comes to C Technology’s track record for reliability, it’s been a mixed bag. The site is appears to be a frequent source of accurate iPhone 5S and 5C photo leaks but also shared several inaccurate pictures and information about the recent iPad releases. Ultimately, we’ll find out what’s true and what isn’t when we receive more concrete information.

Source: C Technology via GforGames

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Either way, I'd probably wait for the 2nd gen. Not saying I wouldn't love to own one, but for the money I'd spend on a 1st gen, I'll let them get the kinks out first.

Also, I'd be interested in this wireless charging. I wonder if they'll implement this into the iPhone 6's.
    Last edited by Paulsquaredson; 12-15-2013 at 01:12 AM.

The thought of a watch that runs 2-4 days between charges is utterly ridiculous. I have a $35 Timex that runs 4 years before the battery dies. And it does everything that I dream a watch would do... time, date, alarm.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to peacedog For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (12-15-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,787 Times in 6,741 Posts

The fact that you compare this to a timex is utterly ridiculous.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Comparing it to a timex reminds me that before smartphones we all had feature phones that lasted a week on a charge, not a day. The important thing to remember is that you are making a trade off. Either it's worth it or not.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    The thought of a watch that runs 2-4 days between charges is utterly ridiculous. I have a $35 Timex that runs 4 years before the battery dies. And it does everything that I dream a watch would do... time, date, alarm.
    You rode on short bus in school?

Who wears watches? FAIL

I'll stick to my Rolex.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Who wears watches? FAIL
    *facepalm*