Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Air Leads Black Friday Weekend Tablet Sales

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default iPad Air Leads Black Friday Weekend Tablet Sales

Apple’s new iPad Air was the clear and commanding victor over the long holiday weekend, spanning Black Friday to Cyber Monday.

Localytics took an in-depth look at the weekly growth during the Black Friday weekend, as compared to the previous weekend. And based on findings from this research, 51% more new iPad Air devices were seen than the previous week.

This is due to a combination of factors, including Apple’s promotion of giving gift cards with purchases of the iPad Air and iPad Mini (but not iPad Mini 2nd gen) devices. This, combined with a smaller base of iPad Air devices and the novelty of the iPad Air (released on November 1st) resulted in the iPad Air dominating on Black Friday weekend.
    “On the Android side,” Localytics found, “the Kindle Fire HD 7” and the newest Samsung smartphone, the S IV, saw the greatest growth of new devices. The Kindle Fire HD is the Android tablet exhibiting the largest new device growth from the previous week.”

Among the weekend's best selling products, Apple’s first-gen iPad Mini model finished second, and the iPhone 5c finished third.

Source: Localytics

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So basically without the addition of a gift card promotion the iPad Air really wasn't selling that well? Because if it was then there wouldn't be nearly as big a jump week to week. O.o

Sounds like someone is mad that android had lousy sales figures.
    Hmm...

Thanks

the Added Gift Card just makes it more Appealing. The Fact that the Air is Outselling Other Tablets is Awesome...of course I want I'm getting the iPad Mini Retina.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    So basically without the addition of a gift card promotion the iPad Air really wasn't selling that well? Because if it was then there wouldn't be nearly as big a jump week to week. O.o
    Yeah, you could basically say that for every product sold during last week because it was BLACK FRIDAY WEEK!! You, know, that day when tons of people go out and do all their Christmas shopping? If android products didn't comparably sell much higher volumes during that same week, that not a negative on Apple, that's a negative on Android products!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Yeah, you could basically say that for every product sold during last week because it was BLACK FRIDAY WEEK!! You, know, that day when tons of people go out and do all their Christmas shopping? If android products didn't comparably sell much higher volumes during that same week, that not a negative on Apple, that's a negative on Android products!
    Well I see things like the $400 PS4 that has been sold out since launch and hasn't even been available for Black Friday. No promotions, no gift cards. And it just makes me wonder if the iPad Air is really catching on like it's supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Well I see things like the $400 PS4 that has been sold out since launch and hasn't even been available for Black Friday. No promotions, no gift cards. And it just makes me wonder if the iPad Air is really catching on like it's supposed to.
    Of course the iPad Air is selling. You'd have to be stupid to think it wasn't.