Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to be Considering 12.9-inch iPads with 2K and 4K Resolutions

Thanks

Default Apple Rumored to be Considering 12.9-inch iPads with 2K and 4K Resolutions

A Chinese publication by the name of PadNews recently claimed Foxconn has built five prototype versions of the alleged 12.9-inch tablet featuring 2K or 4K screen resolutions. Furthermore, it is saying the company may launch a version with a 2K resolution screen in the first half of 2014, then debut an even higher resolution 4K model a few months later. The publication quotes sources as saying the first of the larger iPad models could hit store shelves in April, with the 4K ultra-HD iteration coming during the regular iPad product update cycle in October.

While the terms “2K” and “4K” were tossed about in the report, the report didn’t mention specific panel resolutions. Currently, the iPad Air boasts a 9.7-inch Retina display with a 2,048 by 1,536 pixel resolution, which by many standards is already a 2K panel.

The recent rumor is not the first that suggests Apple is building a larger-sized iPad. In November, a report from The Korea Times cited an official at a local Apple parts supplier as saying the 12.9-inch Retina display was already being manufactured by a “first-tier” Korean display maker. Earlier in the month, the same source mentioned Apple being in a state of advanced testing of either an 11.4-inch or 12.9-inch tablet. Last but not least, The Wall Street Journal and United Daily News also claimed a larger iPad was in the works.

As tablets continue to take over the PC landscape, Apple could be looking to stay ahead of the curve with additional screen size offerings. A 12.9-inch iPad panel would come close to the company’s smallest MacBook Pro and surpass the 11.6-inch MacBook Air when it comes to being slimmer and lighter.

Source: PadNews via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a bigger ipad,after using the air I've decided I wouldn't mind to have a bigger ipad as long as it had a bigger screen.

Thanks

All of the upgrades for the iPad since the first iPad have been natural progression. No wow factor here..just a big iPhone that does not natively make calls. Make me need me iPad Apple.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iPad, iPad Mini, iPad Air.........and now......the iPad Titan. :P

Great another rumor. I bet Samsung will be the first to come out with a 12 inch tablet...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    I'm guessing it'll be the maxi-pad.

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    Great another rumor. I bet Samsung will be the first to come out with a 12 inch tablet...
    Hp split x2

Thanks

First of All...2K & 4K displays are meaningless because there isn't anything to display them on..not the mention the tech isn't there. They should Just wait.

Gainesville, FL (The Swamp, only Gators get out ALIVE!!)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    I'm guessing it'll be the maxi-pad.
    HA!!! Lol!!! "Maxi Pad"!!!!!! That would be sooooooooo awesome if Apple actually dubbed the future larger iPads that name!!! I bet that would actually increase their sales! A new household name and all that......

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    First of All...2K & 4K displays are meaningless because there isn't anything to display them on..not the mention the tech isn't there. They should Just wait.
    I don't care if it's 2k displays or not, as long as they would keep the same pixel density I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's funny people want bigger phones and smaller tablets. I don't get it, I want smaller phones and bigger tablets. Smaller is better for mobile, bigger is better for devices that serve more use. 12.9 in screen on an ipad would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Or you know... iPad Pro