Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why Apple’s Black Friday Deals May Disappoint

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Why Apple’s Black Friday Deals May Disappoint

Apple is once again expected to participate in the annual retail ritual known as Black Friday, the discount shopping bonanza that follows the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States.

But if you're planning to be among the mad rush of holiday shoppers on the front lines of retail Friday morning, here's something to consider. Apple may not serve up any concrete percentage discounts on products this year in order to offer a gift card promotion instead.

According to multiple sources, Apple’s sales event this Friday will be based around gift cards, not discounts on products.
    Our friends at 9to5Mac are hearing that Apple's Black Friday promotion may work something like this: When a customer purchases a product, there won't be a discount, but they will be given an Apple Store gift card. While it's not a guarantee, it's likely that consumers won't be able to use the gift card with their purchase at that time but on a subsequent occasion post-Black Friday.

Although some shoppers may enjoy receiving a gift card, you can bet others would have preferred a flat-rate percentage cut or specific dollar amount reduction on iDevices and Macs among other products and accessories.

Source: 9to5Mac

Apple is not in business to help the customer or give back to the customer, they are in the business of making money.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bry2k2 For This Useful Post:

*T* (11-29-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Apple is not in business to help the customer or give back to the customer, they are in the business of making money.
    All companies that price protect their products rarely have sales. It's not just Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    All companies that price protect their products rarely have sales. It's not just Apple.
    really, lets take a look at last year, look here and here, not the best deals, but they did do it
    Last edited by dsg; 11-27-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

hemptation (11-27-2013)

They still don't know tho. All of this is speculation. As usual

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

dsg (11-27-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    really, lets take a look at last year, look here and here, not the best deals, but they did do it
    Let's forget about Black Friday for a second and remember that Apple readily gives free iPhone and iPads and EarPods and freaking everything to a customer if they're having even a tiny hardware problem with it as long as it's under warrantee.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amenter18 For This Useful Post:

dsg (11-27-2013), slim.jim (11-27-2013)

that's a good point, but this thread is about black friday

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    that's a good point, but this thread is about black friday
    True but the comments are more about Apple being cheap

This headline has applied to every single year apple stores have had black friday "sales".

Apple Fail on the sales front, they seem not to know what sale means. Look below Apple:

a period during which a shop sells goods at reduced prices: "the Black Friday sale got underway."
    Last edited by dsg; 11-27-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I want $102 off my MacBook. $101 is just not acceptable. I'm very disappointed.

$350 off, would be more of a realistic sales price
    Last edited by dsg; 11-27-2013 at 11:57 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassvictim's Avatar
    Thanks

Who cares.

Apple is simply a tightwad.

Well. Most of the time Black Friday is used to push products out of the store for last years inventory. This is why you will see an even larger discount the week after Christmas preceding the new year. So if you are looking for the real deal. Go December 26-30th for some super sale action. Is what I do. I normally get steals 2 days after Xmas. Companies have to pay taxes on all inventory remaining in their store at the turn of each year. Learned all this working in sales at a mall when I was younger. Was always asking why we had to do inventory And that was the general managers response after 2 days of inventory. Lol