+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Seeks to Expand Reuse and Recycling Program to Emerging Markets

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Seeks to Expand Reuse and Recycling Program to Emerging Markets

A listing on the Jobs at Apple site reveals the company is looking to bring its Reuse and Recycling Program to emerging markets in the Asia-Pacific and Latin America-Caribbean regions. Based on the job description, Apple’s Corporate Recycling Team is seeking a Reuse (Trade-In) Worldwide Program Manager to work on current and future “Global Reuse (Trade-In) Programs for Apple Online Store, Education, Retail and the Reseller Channel.”

The Reuse and Recycling listing discovered recently also notes the candidate is responsible for the development and implementation of programs in APAC (Asia-Pacific) and ALAC (Latin America-Caribbean) similar to the current Reuse and Recycling initiative found in countries like the US and UK. In addition, the position will be in charge of enhancing EMEIA as well (Europe, Middle East, India and Africa) along with its North America operations.

The Cupertino California company also hinted at the possibility of looking to broaden the scope of existing programs saying the following:

Scaling these programs to keep Apple on the leading edge of this emerging mega trend is a priority.
    In this aspect, the advertised job’s duties include providing sales and leasing organizations with new programs to increase sales. This will grow Apple’s share of the secondary electronics market, reducing flow of Apple products to unauthorized markets and increase product recycling to reach environmental goals.

For those of you who didn’t know, Apple’s Reuse and Recycling Program was first introduced in August of 2012, when the company partnered with PowerON to buy back used iPhones, iPads and Macs. The service was recently expanded to include devices with water damage earlier this week, meaning owners of iPhones or iPads with activated liquid contact indicators can now trade in their device.

Source: Apple (Jobs)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Do they care if the device is jailbroken? Or do we need to Restore it before trading it in? Might trade my JB iPhone 4s for a new 5S once the JB comes out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How bout phones with the broken Sleep button?

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 755 Posts

they and all other companies that have buy back schemes, need to offer more, because they take the recycled devices and re-use the components in new devices then charge us the consumers a premium
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Do they care if the device is jailbroken? Or do we need to Restore it before trading it in? Might trade my JB iPhone 4s for a new 5S once the JB comes out.
    To answer you question I do know of friends who have traded in their factory unlocked phones for a 5S or a 5C. I don't think it matters. I'm guessing hardware is what is recycled.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    To answer you question I do know of friends who have traded in their factory unlocked phones for a 5S or a 5C. I don't think it matters. I'm guessing hardware is what is recycled.
    "Unlocked" has nothing to do with "jailbroken". And vice versa. Nevermind. Gahhhhhhhh.....