+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Foxconn Bringing Production Facility to Pennsylvania

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Foxconn Bringing Production Facility to Pennsylvania

Apple manufacturing partner Foxconn is proceeding with plans to construct a manufacturing facility in the United States.

Current plans, which call for the plant to be located in Pennsylvania, involve Foxconn investing upwards of $40 million into the US-focused efforts. Specifically, the bulk of the investment will be used to "develop robotics" to help improve the speed and efficiency with which Apple products and products of other tech companies are rolled off of assembly lines.

Foxconn will invest in a manufacturing unit in Harrisburg, the state capital, to create about 500 jobs, according to a company statement. It already has a manufacturing facility there that employs about 30 people.
    Foxconn presently has 1.6 million workers globally. The workers in Pennsylvania will join the growing number of Foxconn employees that labor in the U.S. Foxconn also has factories in California and Texas.

“We are very, very pleased that companies from overseas are looking to locate and grow in Pennsylvania,” says C. Alan Walker, Pennsylvania's secretary for the Department of Community and Economic Development,

Source: Bloomberg

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is gonna be funny. Foxconn is so damn' slimy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone peacedog's Avatar
    Thanks

Does Foxconn know that they can't make people work 16 hour days and pay them $1/hr here in the U.S.?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree, FOX-CON makes some pretty shady merch, I've bought MBs from them that died within months.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    Does Foxconn know that they can't make people work 16 hour days and pay them $1/hr here in the U.S.?
    Most ****** jobs in the US are done by illegals. The working day you describe would sound just about right to them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is happening in the city I live in. Worst place in the world to place a manufacturing facility. I love my city but they should have put it in Carlise with the rest of the warehouses.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

RushLi - where are you at? I'm in Lancaster. While I can welcome the extra state income from taxes and whatnot, I really hope fair pay and fair hours follow.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shukunmoppu View Post
    RushLi - where are you at? I'm in Lancaster. While I can welcome the extra state income from taxes and whatnot, I really hope fair pay and fair hours follow.
    I'm right in Harrisburg, off market st. Been in this ****** city forever

Thanks

Hmmm. So president Obama wasn't just blowing smoke when he said last year that Apple was working on building factories in the US.