Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Updates iMovie for Mac to provide support for Older Video Cards

Thanks

Default Apple Updates iMovie for Mac to provide support for Older Video Cards

Apple recently updated its consumer-level video editing and management software, iMovie for Mac, adding support for machines running legacy video cards. iMovie for Mac version 10.0.1 comes two months after Apple first announced its major revision to the software, which introduced an all-new look for OS X 10.9 Mavericks, along with several feature additions.

In the recent update, Apple has expanded compatibility with more Macs, allowing those with legacy machines to install and use the app with older video cards. In addition, the new software addresses a reliability issue that would cause issues when updating projects and events created in previous versions of iMovie.

When Apple debuted iMovie for Mac version 10 in September, the company also announced its iLife and iWork suite would go free. Along with the rollout of iMovie for Mac, Apple also debuted iMovie Theater, which allows users to share clips, trailers and movies across devices. The service is based in iCloud and can be accessed from nearly all Apple products, including a dedicated channel on the Apple TV.

Version 10.0.1 of iMovie for Mac comes in at 1.94 GB and can be downloaded for free from the Mac App Store.

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Since Apple doesn't provide any official manual for their iMovie app, I had relied on their basic tutorial video to learn the basics of navigating and using the app. However, with this new version and revamped UI they have not provided any means of figuring out how to use it!

How is a person supposed to figure out how to use the app, especially brand new users, without any instruction to speak of?!?!? I know Apple's software is easy to use, but it's not THAT easy!

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Since Apple doesn't provide any official manual for their iMovie app, I had relied on their basic tutorial video to learn the basics of navigating and using the app. However, with this new version and revamped UI they have not provided any means of figuring out how to use it!

How is a person supposed to figure out how to use the app, especially brand new users, without any instruction to speak of?!?!? I know Apple's software is easy to use, but it's not THAT easy!
    I feel yah!