+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Tim Cook Resistant to Opening Apple Stores on Thanksgiving

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
There is some degree of confusion today when it comes to the number of Apple retail stores that will be open on Thanksgiving day. Although the iDevice maker is prepared
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Report: Tim Cook Resistant to Opening Apple Stores on Thanksgiving

There is some degree of confusion today when it comes to the number of Apple retail stores that will be open on Thanksgiving day. Although the iDevice maker is prepared for retail gangbusters on Black Friday (and stores will be open early for the occasion) it isn't clear what Apple will do on turkey day.

Consistent with the Thanksgiving Day plans of other companies and big box retailers, Apple originally planned to keep several large stores open on the holiday. According to initial reports from Ifoapplestore, Apple initially intended to open the following stores on Thursday, November 28th.

• Fifth Avenue (NYC)
    • West 14th Street (NYC)
    • North Michigan Avenue (Chicago)
    • Lincoln Road (Miami Beach)
    • San Francisco (Calif.)
    • Pioneer Place (Portland, Ore.)
    • The Grove (LA)
    • Third Street Promenade (Santa Monica)
    • Fashion Valley (San Diego)
    • Ala Moana (Honolulu)

"On Wednesday morning over the objections of the Market Directors, Apple CEO Tim Cook cancelled the plan to keep several stores open on Thanksgiving," today's report was subsequently updated to read. Based on what we're hearing, Cook wants Apple retail employees to be with their families on Thanksgiving.

As of this writing, however, we can't say with absolute certainty that no Apple stores will be open on Thanksgiving. But that appears to be the plan for now.

Source: Ifoapplestore

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Good ! I hope they don't open!

Retail and customer service employees in general always get crapped on when it comes to holidays. Many are only guaranteed one day off for sure every year: Christmas. And even then many still have to work (movie theaters, for instance)

These people work some of the most grinding jobs out there and for the least amount of pay! the least these big money-grubbing corporations can do is give them one day off to spend time with the family for one holiday!

Personally, I'm boycotting any business that opens even before 6am on the day after! That's a lot of companies these days, but if they can't give their employees a proper day off, then screw 'em! I'll support local businesses.

vbx
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Good ! I hope they don't open!

Retail and customer service employees in general always get crapped on when it comes to holidays. Many are only guaranteed one day off for sure every year: Christmas. And even then many still have to work (movie theaters, for instance)

These people work some of the most grinding jobs out there and for the least amount of pay! the least these big money-grubbing corporations can do is give them one day off to spend time with the family for one holiday!

Personally, I'm boycotting any business that opens even before 6am on the day after! That's a lot of companies these days, but if they can't give their employees a proper day off, then screw 'em! I'll support local businesses.
    There are actually a lot of people who do want to work on holidays because of the extra pay.