+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Spends Billions on New Manufacturing Robots

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
It's no secret that Apple has encountered more than its fair share of product supply shortages in recent years. To help combat this lingering issue, Apple is investing billions in
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Spends Billions on New Manufacturing Robots

It's no secret that Apple has encountered more than its fair share of product supply shortages in recent years. To help combat this lingering issue, Apple is investing billions in tech upgrades across its supply and manufacturing chains.

On Wednesday, Bloomberg reported that Apple Inc. is investing "a record $10.5 billion" into state-of-the-art new technologies that consumers will never see. Why not? Because these investments have nothing to do with products, but rather how they are made.

Apple's large cash infusion is directed squarely at assembly robots and milling machines that should enable Apple to earn more money by producing more products, making them more readily available to consumers around the globe.

“Their designs are so unique that you have to have a very unique manufacturing process to make it,” says Muthuraman Ramasamy, an analyst with Frost & Sullivan. “Apple has so much cash that they can invest in cutting-edge, world-class machinery that is typically used for aerospace and defense.”

Source: Bloomberg

Thanks
    Thanked 5,284 Times in 1,873 Posts

It doesn't surprise me, watching the short video at Keynote for the new MacPro reminded me eerily of a "Terminator" production line...
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 11-13-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iRobot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    It doesn't surprise me, watching the short video at Keynote for the new MacPro reminded eerily of a "Terminator" production line...
    2 words Siri iRobot and world domination!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jmunyon For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (11-13-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The rise of the machines

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, and eventually all assembly lines will be made up of robots. How do these company's expect the economy to keep moving if no one is working? Stupid.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Yes, and eventually all assembly lines will be made up of robots. How do these company's expect the economy to keep moving if no one is working? Stupid.
    Soon enough there will be no need for any human factory workers. The big companies could care less if this guy doesn't have a job. If they can put out more productivity with a robot. Bring it on...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Forget Skynet, when will Siri become self aware?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Like it even matters.. everything is made in china who cares about there economy. Id rather pay a little more to have it made, build, in Canada or USA. Then china.

Check out Death By China.. and you will realize its not the robots that makes people lose jobs.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.