+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mystery Surrounds Apple's Decision to Close Stores Early Next Weekend

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Does this have something to do with a new product launch? Or is this merely about a pre-holiday sales rush plan? With the holidays approaching quickly and Apple pulling out
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Mystery Surrounds Apple's Decision to Close Stores Early Next Weekend

Does this have something to do with a new product launch? Or is this merely about a pre-holiday sales rush plan? With the holidays approaching quickly and Apple pulling out all the stops to ensure blockbuster sales in the final quarter of 2013, there are plenty of reasons why Apple has decided to close retail stores early next weekend.

It should be noted, however, that the unorthodox closing times are global in nature. From North America to Europe and down through Asia, Apple stores across the planet are poised to shut their doors earlier than usual next weekend.

The effort clearly suggests retail preparations are being made company-wide. With the Retina iPad mini coming later this month and the Mac Pro coming in December, there are many good reasons for why Apple is taking measures to prepare its retail front line for what's coming. Nonetheless, the move is unusual for Apple, which rarely changes closing times in anticipation of new products hitting shelves.

Even more peculiar is the fact that (as of this writing) U.S. stores will not be closed early by Apple. This effort is purely international in scope.

Source: CNET

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL Maybe it's a hostile takeover! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😲

Thanks

I heard that they are adding a Samsung corner in every Apple store as part of a new collaboration effort with Samsung. I'm happy the two are finally getting along.

iPhone? More like MyPhone interstink's Avatar
    Thanks

We are just installing new display areas for iPads and iPhone with new store layout to handle crowd control.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Preparing for a massive cut in prices where the iphone will be sold at the same price as the more advanced Samsung Galaxy!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,734 Times in 857 Posts

My guess is that they're going to rip out all the wood veneer elements in order to make their stores look more iOS 7 compatible.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Norb (11-07-2013), Sage I (11-08-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    I heard that they are adding a Samsung corner in every Apple store as part of a new collaboration effort with Samsung. I'm happy the two are finally getting along.
    That's straight bs. Two companies can get along without the other one trying to endorse their competition. Also this would never happen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    That's straight bs. Two companies can get along without the other one trying to endorse their competition. Also this would never happen.
    You obviously don't know what you are talking about; Samsung and Apple love each other.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Norb For This Useful Post:

Sage I (11-08-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    You obviously don't know what you are talking about; Samsung and Apple love each other.
    Lol

Apple generally shuts their stores down early for a product launch that requires a bit of remodeling. Have done so historically about this time of year going back to their entrance in retail. The fact that its international only could have something to do with that time off Tim Cook promised, but id stake it on a remodel.
    Last edited by ohthatguyagain; 11-07-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    Lol
    Thank you, I didn't think my joke was that subtle.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Maybe Apple's trying to figure out why in Best Buy stores, the big Samsung display right by the door is better than the medium sized Apple display in the rear of the store.

Thanks

Yeah it's just a re-fit. Samsung shop in shops make apples look dated but I hear apples new design is really good.