Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Tim Cook Comes Out to Support U.S. Nondiscrimination Act

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,849
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

    Default Tim Cook Comes Out to Support U.S. Nondiscrimination Act


    Apple CEO Tim Cook came forward on Sunday to show his support for equality in the workplace.

    "Long before I started work as the CEO of Apple," Cook wrote Sunday in the Wall Street Journal, "I became aware of a fundamental truth: People are much more willing to give of themselves when they feel that their selves are being fully recognized and embraced."

    Cook is among the industry heavyweights calling on U.S. lawmakers to support and pass into law the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA).

    ENDA is scheduled to be voted on today in the U.S. Senate.

    We urge senators to support the Employment Nondiscrimination Act, and we challenge the House of Representatives to bring it to the floor for a vote.
    "Protections that promote equality and diversity should not be conditional on someone's sexual orientation," Cook wrote in his brisk opinion editorial. "For too long, too many people have had to hide that part of their identity in the workplace."

    Cook stated emphatically in his closing words that Congress should seize the opportunity to "strike a blow against such intolerance" by approving the Employment Nondiscrimination Act.

    Source: WSJ

  2. #2
    iPhoneaholic Magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 27 Times in 19 Posts

    Awesome

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum For This Useful Post:

    ecofrankenstein (11-05-2013)

  4. #3
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    856
    Thanked 448 Times in 235 Posts

    Sickening. The abnormal is now normal.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feanor64 For This Useful Post:

    *T* (11-05-2013), Rcworship (11-04-2013), spectrum (11-04-2013)

  6. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Double edge sword. While in the military I a fellow soldier told me, he had the right to take a shower without some guy ogling him, just like a female had the same right. So, I guess if it was known he could take his showers accordingly, now. On the other hand social stigmatizing would probably increase until it truly becomes the norm. With that said I'm still waiting on racial equality to become no big deal. Transitioning seems to always be difficult.

  7. #5
    "Tim Cook Comes Out..."

    "...Tim Cook came forward..."

    You guys did that on purpose!

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

    *T* (11-05-2013), Zokunei (11-04-2013)

  9. #6
    The degrading of society continues.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to spectrum For This Useful Post:

    *T* (11-05-2013)

  11. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    Sickening. The abnormal is now normal.
    humans are not the only species to demonstrate gay behavior. the "abnormal" has been around for thousands of years, including in animals. IDK why people get so worked up over the lives of others. you're not partaking in any of it, so who cares?

    besides, what IS "normal" nowadays? i don't think that even exists.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to evolution83 For This Useful Post:

    ecofrankenstein (11-05-2013)

  13. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    856
    Thanked 448 Times in 235 Posts

    Normal isn't two guys doing each other up the butt. I'll tell you that. New CDC report on the gay HIV epidemic look it up. We are supposed to have a little more sense than wild animals.
    Last edited by Feanor64; 11-04-2013 at 11:42 PM.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feanor64 For This Useful Post:

    *T* (11-05-2013), spectrum (11-04-2013)

  15. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    Normal isn't two guys doing each other up the butt. I'll tell you that.
    I've got my drink coming out my nose. You caught me off guard but your dead on.

  16. #10
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,887
    Thanks
    947
    Thanked 3,177 Times in 1,362 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    humans are not the only species to demonstrate gay behavior. the "abnormal" has been around for thousands of years, including in animals. IDK why people get so worked up over the lives of others. you're not partaking in any of it, so who cares?

    besides, what IS "normal" nowadays? i don't think that even exists.
    There's a book that tells us what 'normal' is supposed to look like.

    ...it's called 'The Bible!'

    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    "Tim Cook Comes Out..."

    "...Tim Cook came forward..."

    You guys did that on purpose!
    I thought the same thing!

  17. #11
    I can't believe that this day of age, people still use the bible as a reliable source. Seriously? Lol.

    Every animal demonstrates homosexual behavior because it's not something induced, just something they are born with. Open a neuro and behavior journal once in a while.

    And if you're going to say that humans shouldn't act like animals, take a course in beginning biology at least. Humans are animals. Yet other animals act better than humans.

    Being gay and HIV have nothing to do with one another. Again, if you believe that, take a beginning biology course. With pretty pictures, to show you what an HIV strain is like and how it functions. (spoiler: it has no correlation)

    People pretending that they actually went to school... LMAO.
    Great to see a CEO using his power to further equalize the world. Bravo Cook!

  18. #12
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,887
    Thanks
    947
    Thanked 3,177 Times in 1,362 Posts

    I could turn this into a debate but that's futile. Don't claim to be so 'educated' when you haven't taken the time to study The Bible, as well. I work in science; my livelihood is science and I see God's Hands in every aspect of life, death, creation, physiology, etc., etc.

    All these points you address are EASILY answered in The Bible. So why don't YOU get off your high-horse and educate yourself a little more...FYI, you're not even close to as smart as you think you are (that goes for any and all of mankind)?!?!

    The more I learn, the more I realize how dumb I am!

    Quote Originally Posted by DieselVexx View Post
    Double edge sword. While in the military I a fellow soldier told me, he had the right to take a shower without some guy ogling him, just like a female had the same right. So, I guess if it was known he could take his showers accordingly, now. On the other hand social stigmatizing would probably increase until it truly becomes the norm. With that said I'm still waiting on racial equality to become no big deal. Transitioning seems to always be difficult.
    Good points! Racial lines definitely need to be blurred.

    And guess what, Frankenstein, that's in The Bible!
    Last edited by thazsar; 11-05-2013 at 07:37 AM.

  19. #13
    The bible is a fairy tale and hearsay. If hearsay is not allowed in court, why would we allow it to take control of our life?

    Why do you assume that I haven't studied the bible? To be fair, there is more than one version, so who decides which crackhead is right than the other delusional person? I wouldn't speak if I didn't know what I was talking about.

    You can not use the bible as a reliable source, as I already pointed out, because 1) it's hearsay, 2) it's not facts, but stories someone somewhere heard and re-wrote them to fit their views. All the bible does is spew more hate. If you don't agree, take a look at the world. Things are changing; we're pushing out religion for actual truth. It is my hope that soon, no one will care about religion and thus, no one will be hated for being different color, sex or orientation.

    I don't think I'm on a high horse, but I also can't help it if I know more than you because I actually use science and look for facts, not fairy tails.

    FYI for you: if "god's" hands are really in everything, no wonder the world is so screwed up. That's what people are trying to change; the old ghost stories for real facts.


    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I could turn this into a debate but that's futile. Don't claim to be so 'educated' when you haven't taken the time to study The Bible, as well. I work in science; my livelihood is science and I see God's Hands in every aspect of life, death, creation, physiology, etc., etc.

    All these points you address are EASILY answered in The Bible. So why don't YOU get off your high-horse and educate yourself a little more...FYI, you're not even close to as smart as you think you are (that goes for any and all of mankind)?!?!

    The more I learn, the more I realize how dumb I am!



    Good points! Racial lines definitely need to be blurred.

    And guess what, Frankenstein, that's in The Bible!

  20. #14
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,887
    Thanks
    947
    Thanked 3,177 Times in 1,362 Posts

    Again...arguing w/ you would be pointless. You're just another sheep moving w/ the flock...

    Just know that The Bible was written in real-time w/ historical FACTS that can still be proven today. Unlike most, if not all, other religions, The Bible addressed day to day issues (as they were happening) and how those problems were overcome. It wasn't based in some magical storyland unless you think the Middle East is magical!

    THAT is how I know you don't have a clue about The Bible!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 11-06-2013 at 01:29 PM.

  21. #15
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    856
    Thanked 448 Times in 235 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofrankenstein View Post
    I can't believe that this day of age, people still use the bible as a reliable source. Seriously? Lol.

    Every animal demonstrates homosexual behavior because it's not something induced, just something they are born with. Open a neuro and behavior journal once in a while.

    And if you're going to say that humans shouldn't act like animals, take a course in beginning biology at least. Humans are animals. Yet other animals act better than humans.

    Being gay and HIV have nothing to do with one another. Again, if you believe that, take a beginning biology course. With pretty pictures, to show you what an HIV strain is like and how it functions. (spoiler: it has no correlation)

    People pretending that they actually went to school... LMAO.
    Great to see a CEO using his power to further equalize the world. Bravo Cook!
    That wasn't what I was saying and you know it. Half of new HIV cases are involving gay people yet they are less than 5 percent of the population in the u.s. I'm not gonna argue with you. I don't have to. Argue with the CDC. To say we are no better than animals is insane. 2 guys doin each other up the butt is not normal dude lol.

  22. #16
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,887
    Thanks
    947
    Thanked 3,177 Times in 1,362 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    That wasn't what I was saying and you know it. Half of new HIV cases are involving gay people yet they are less than 5 percent of the population in the u.s. I'm not gonna argue with you. I don't have to. Argue with the CDC. To say we are no better than animals is insane. 2 guys doin each other up the butt is not normal dude lol.
    We forgot that all the other animals in the world know how to build spaceships, computers, etc. just like we do! How stupid of us to forget that! Our bad...

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

    Feanor64 (11-05-2013)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •