+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS X Mavericks Already Running on 11.8% of Mac Computers

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default OS X Mavericks Already Running on 11.8% of Mac Computers

OS X Mavericks adoption is taking off pretty quickly, as statistics from Ckitika show. According to the firm, 11.8% of Macs in North America are already running OS X Mavericks as of October 27th, just five days after the release of the operating system.

In case you’re wondering how significant these numbers are, despite being only about a tenth of the Mac population, it took OS X Mountain Lion over a month to reach about the 10% adoption milestone. In other words, OS X Mavericks is being installed on user machines about six times faster than OS X Mountain Lion when it was the latest and greatest option from Apple.

Much of the fast adoption probably has to do with the fact that OS X Mavericks is a free upgrade from the Mac App Store, whereas previous versions of OS X required users to shell out their hard-earned money to upgrade. Apple is also allowing users of OS X Snow Leopard and later to upgrade to OS X Mavericks seamlessly, whereas in the past, users needed to upgrade their operating systems sequentially to get to the latest.

OS X Mavericks gives Mac users over 200 new features, including all-new iBooks and Maps applications, App Nap, compressed memory, Finder tabs, and file tagging among several other new features. If you haven't installed OS X Mavericks yet already, we would recommend the upgrade whenever you get a chance to install it.

Sources: Chitika via Cult of Mac

Green Apple
    Thanks

Great, now all they have to do is fix the bugs.

Thanks

I can already see the headline for an article tomorrow. "Mavericks Adoption Rate at 12.2%". WOW!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well I can say one really good thing about it. The battery life on my late 2011 MBP has doubled without a doubt!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stolenpentium View Post
    Great, now all they have to do is fix the bugs.
    Agreed, for mountain lion it only took apple 2 weeks to push out 10.8.1. I'm hoping it's around the same time period for 10.9.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Anthony B,

Im trying to decide whether to buy the ipod touch now or wait. What are the rumors for a new release before the end of the year?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mariousmc View Post
    Hey Anthony B,

Im trying to decide whether to buy the ipod touch now or wait. What are the rumors for a new release before the end of the year?
    I would say the chances of that are very small, because Apple changed the colors of last year's iPod lineup this September. The 4th gen was also first released with a non-s iPhone and then an added color alongside the s model. In addition, new iPods are usually released with the new iPads, which were announced this month. The housings for the 5c, 5s, and iPad Air were all posted on this site ahead of their release, but there haven't been any pictures of new iPod housings.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 10-30-2013 at 07:03 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Worst upgrade for me ever. My machine is basically useless, with the fans running full at times, the computer acting slow.. my volume buttons work after i press like 5 secs later. I cannot go on xbox.com w/o safari taking up 200cpu or skype which just freezes my whole computer. Or the fact that 1/2 my swipe 2-3-4finger gestures also work only when they feel like it. Going to call apple today, see what they say, if nothing then downgrade back to moun lion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    Worst upgrade for me ever. My machine is basically useless, with the fans running full at times, the computer acting slow.. my volume buttons work after i press like 5 secs later. I cannot go on xbox.com w/o safari taking up 200cpu or skype which just freezes my whole computer. Or the fact that 1/2 my swipe 2-3-4finger gestures also work only when they feel like it. Going to call apple today, see what they say, if nothing then downgrade back to moun lion.
    Sounds like you are having issues. I've updated a few machines and none are having issues.