Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Opens an East Coast AppleCare Warehouse to Speed Up Repairs

Thanks

Default Apple Opens an East Coast AppleCare Warehouse to Speed Up Repairs

Apple recently opened up another AppleCare repair warehouse in Carlisle, Pennsylvania according to the folks over at 9to5Mac. The 182,000 square foot facility is the second of its kind in the US, joining Apple’s existing warehouse in Elk Grove, California. The company’s California-based AppleCare warehouse is used as a repair hub with Apple retail locations across the country shipping damaged products to the facility, where they are repaired or replaced and shipped back out across the US.

This second warehouse will serve a similar purpose, expanding Apple’s repair capabilities and turnaround time. Damaged items which were once shipped to California will now be able to be fixed at either location. Such a move will likely result in faster repair and shipping times for consumers that are located in the Mideast and on the East Coast.

Apple has also been working to cut down on costs and decrease repair times by performing iPhone repairs in-house alongside with opening the new repair facility. The new procedure elects to replace displays and other parts in Apple Stores and at Apple Authorized Service Providers rather than offering replacements.

For those of you who didn’t know, Apple launched a redesigned AppleCare website in August that includes a simpler interface and 24/7 live chat support. The company is also said to be working on significant changes to its AppleCare services, aiming to switch to per-user AppleCare subscription plans rather than offering per-device coverage. The move to open a new AppleCare repair warehouse is likely an effort to continue forward with its revamped repair structure.

Source: 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Customer service is key..gotta have it!

Yes ^^. At first they were just gonna replace battery. After I told him my top button didn't work he exchanged my phone with a new identical one including 2 USB cords - even tho my warranty was up by ten days. Also had scratch on screen three inches long

I mentioned I had a 4 with water damage not working anymore. I believe he said for 190 they would give me an identical one.

Very happy customer. Again it was my first phone ever Was 3GS just before launch of 4. Lol. Y they couldn't tell me that three weeks ago ( when I bought ) was that Apple is very secretive Lol. Anyway

Customer service is a lost art.

So,
    six iPhones later still here

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

My replacement 5S came from there to my NY address. Carlisle is a perfect spot... good location and there is so much empty warehouse space it's silly.