Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Announces Update which Adds Galaxy Gear Support to More Phones

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

I do admit that Samsung and Android are not perfect and they all have their share of problems. One example is when I still ran Touchwiz on my S3, I had this one glitch happened where the messaging app keeps force closing and erases all of your messages. I don't know what caused it (I'm assuming there was a bug with it accessing the memory where texts are stored since everything is back to normal once you restart the phone) but it's happened to me more than once.

Another gripe I have with Android is I hate how they use the phone interface on tablets since 4.2. I much rather use the tablet interface that was used on Honeycomb and ICS as I felt it was more intuitive and more user friendly. That is one of my biggest hopes for Kit Kat is a much improved tablet interface since I'm not a fan of the interface they use for them now

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I've gotta say, you Android peeps aren't making Android sound as great as you would like us, Fanboys, to believe!

If I were a normal user, how are losing all these 'default' functions acceptable??? There's no reason why any normal user should have to search A for ROMs just so their phone functions properly, yet, risk bricking it!

Thank you for showing me that switching to Android can cause huge headaches!!! I'll just stick w/ my boring iphone that worx right out of the box.

BTW, I thought Android was 'open.' What's this stuff about not being able to downgrade 4.3? Isn't flashing any ROM supposed to be part of your ammo for defending Droid?!!!! LOL!
    Thats Samsung for you. There are still other Androids that are great that dont lock down the phones.
    Android kicks *** over iPhone anyway. Its so much better in so many ways I dont want to make a huge list telling you why. After 1 month of having an Android you would wonder why you ever got an iPhone to start with. I did coz Androids wern't out when I got my iPhone 1 but I still regretted it as there were Windows Mobile phones which were older and better than the iPhone 1. And they were a lot cheaper too. iPhone have always been way overpriced and lacking in features other phones had.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    I do admit that Samsung and Android are not perfect and they all have their share of problems. One example is when I still ran Touchwiz on my S3, I had this one glitch happened where the messaging app keeps force closing and erases all of your messages. I don't know what caused it (I'm assuming there was a bug with it accessing the memory where texts are stored since everything is back to normal once you restart the phone) but it's happened to me more than once.

Another gripe I have with Android is I hate how they use the phone interface on tablets since 4.2. I much rather use the tablet interface that was used on Honeycomb and ICS as I felt it was more intuitive and more user friendly. That is one of my biggest hopes for Kit Kat is a much improved tablet interface since I'm not a fan of the interface they use for them now
    I have a Galaxy Tab 7.7 which Samsung stopped updating at 4.0.1 but I did find a custom ROM at 4.2.2 and thats got a changer built in which lets you choose which interface you want. Phone, Phablet or Tablet. Its ParanoidAndroid if you want to check it our for your Android device.
    Paranoid Android are making a 4.3 for it which is awesome.
    Thats what I love about Android, someone always keeps your older devices up to date. Try putting IOS7 on an iPad 1. If it was Android there would be.
    Last edited by smith01; 10-29-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I've gotta say, you Android peeps aren't making Android sound as great as you would like us, Fanboys, to believe!

If I were a normal user, how are losing all these 'default' functions acceptable??? There's no reason why any normal user should have to search A for ROMs just so their phone functions properly, yet, risk bricking it!

Thank you for showing me that switching to Android can cause huge headaches!!! I'll just stick w/ my boring iphone that worx right out of the box.

BTW, I thought Android was 'open.' What's this stuff about not being able to downgrade 4.3? Isn't flashing any ROM supposed to be part of your ammo for defending Droid?!!!! LOL!

+1
    Dont know what your talking about. Android works fine right out of the box. You dont need to flash ROM's. Im not sure about the S4 but the S3 can be "downgraded" without a problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,234 Times in 1,378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    Dont know what your talking about. Android works fine right out of the box. You dont need to flash ROM's. Im not sure about the S4 but the S3 can be "downgraded" without a problem.
    I don't know what I'm talking about either! LOL! I'm going off of the previous posts stating loss of functions/downgrade after updating to 4.3.

Talk to your homies, they're the ones w/ the problems!
    Last edited by thazsar; 10-31-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks

Guess the other phone maker needed some publicity?? Nothing to do with Apple at all. Apple doesn't even had a smart watch....yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    Well here's what an iPhone would be if it was a car

-You would be limited to driving 65 or whatever the speed limit is
    -You can easily bypass the car lock by exploiting the keypad on the door
    -You are only allowed to put Apple approved accessories in it
    -Adding somebody elses accesories requires you to remove all your accesories
    -You don't have access to the engine or battery and must be opened by an Apple dealer
    -All maintenance must be done at an Apple dealer
    -Opening the hood and maintaining the car on your own voids the warranty
    -Replacement parts for the car are expensive and labor prices are insane
    -The car itself would be extremely expensive
    -Apple Maps is likely to lead you off a bridge
    -The latest version of iCar would make you seasick with the windshield adjusting your view making it look like you are looking directly at the road from any angle
    +1 haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12