Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Mac Newsforums, a part of the
10-24-2013, 01:29 AM #1
Benchmarks for Apple's New Retina MacBook Pro Models Begin to Surface
Apple’s new Haswell-powered Retina MacBook Pros have started finding their way into the online score aggregator for popular benchmark suite Geekbench shortly after their unveiling. Backed by Intel’s latest silicon, the new MacBook Pros, which first began showing up in late June, achieve similar gains to those notched by the MacBook Air after its Haswell refresh. The laptop’s appearance on the site was originally noted by the folks over at MacRumors.
The scores can be found below:
15-inch with quad-core CPU:
- i7-4750HQ @ 2.0 GHz: Single-Core 2844, Multi-Core 10887
- i7-4850HQ @ 2.3 GHz: Single-Core 3100, Multi-Core 11771
- i7-4960HQ @ 2.6 GHz: Single-Core 3379, Multi-Core 12813
13-inch with dual-core CPU:
- i5-4258U @ 2.4 GHz: Single-Core 2613, Multi-Core 5248
- i5-4288U @ 2.6 GHz: Single-Core 2856, Multi-Core 5954
- i7-4558U @ 2.8 GHz: Single-Core 3000, Multi-Core 6189
Furthermore, the 13-inch model also slimmed down to the same 0.71-inch thickness as its larger-screened sibling, while both variants ended up dropping $200 off of their base configuration price tag. Additionally, Apple introduced faster 802.11ac wireless networking and PCIe-based storage, and provided for expansion by equipping the laptops with twin Thunderbolt 2 ports.
Source: Primelabs via MacRumors
10-25-2013, 01:17 PM #2
I prefer my own build though lots of pain in the initial setup stage.
Last edited by iYeow; 10-25-2013 at 08:38 PM.