+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TVs Updated with iMovie Theater Channel

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple TVs Updated with iMovie Theater Channel

Following Apple’s announcement regarding the new iMovie apps for OS X and iOS supporting a new sharing feature called iMovie Theater, the company activated an Apple TV channel dedicated to the service. In an over-the-air update to its set-top streaming device, Apple is now pushing from its servers a new iMovie Theater channel o support the new iMovie Apps which was released alongside OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

Along with an overhaul to the graphics, iMovie for both Mac and iOS offer new features rooted in iCloud. With iMovie Theater, users can create clips, trailers, or movies and share them across devices with friends and family. The content served up by the service can be created in iOS or OS X and stored in one location for easy access.

It should be noted that iMovie for iOS can be purchased for $4.99 while the Mac version of the software costs $14.99. Both versions come pre-installed on new devices and those who purchased the software through the App Store are eligible for free upgrades.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Apple needs to update QuickTime so that you can stream videos from a computer to an Apple TV without having to load them into iTunes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty Manley Silberhorn For This Useful Post:

vazzana (10-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

I am disappointed apple hasn't released Apple TV 4 th gen yet.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

vazzana (10-23-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I am disappointed apple hasn't released Apple TV 4 th gen yet.
    No reason to. Apple has shown clear signs that they aren't going to open an App Store for it. Why upgrade it when a demand isn't there for it? 4k resolutions isn't supported by any of Apple's A series chips. It doesn't need to be faster and network connections don't need to be faster because Apple's compression for videos is extremely good and doesn't require that much bandwidth. And Netflix doesn't require more bandwidth than what's already there. It doesn't need to be thinner or lighter either.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I really wish they, would make an app store for the Apple TV, like apple probably has terrible sales on the TV MAKE A DAM APP STORE!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to magoo657 For This Useful Post:

vazzana (10-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No new Apple TV? Apple can always make their products better, like add MIMO, or 3D support, etc. Maybe we'll see the better ATV when the iP6 gets out?

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    No reason to. Apple has shown clear signs that they aren't going to open an App Store for it. Why upgrade it when a demand isn't there for it? 4k resolutions isn't supported by any of Apple's A series chips. It doesn't need to be faster and network connections don't need to be faster because Apple's compression for videos is extremely good and doesn't require that much bandwidth. And Netflix doesn't require more bandwidth than what's already there. It doesn't need to be thinner or lighter either.
    Neither did my iMac, but they did it anyways. I think they are waiting to release an actual TV before they go berserk on ATV.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    Neither did my iMac, but they did it anyways. I think they are waiting to release an actual TV before they go berserk on ATV.
    An iMac has a reason to be upgraded. People want the newest and best stuff in the computer. It's a demand. Apple TV is a luxury and has everything it needs to function how it's supposed to. There is no demand, it's not necessary to have an A7 chip in an Apple TV when it would get the same performance as an A5 chip. The absolute only thing it would need going forward would be AC wifi so videos stream quicker from my iPhone. But that would require my iPhone to have AC wifi which it doesn't. So therefore there is no demand for the the Apple TV to have AC wifi. I'm not talking about supply and demand either. And there isn't enough people who would use an App Store on their Apple TV. It's like jail breaking, <1% need/ actually do jailbreak.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    An iMac has a reason to be upgraded. People want the newest and best stuff in the computer. It's a demand. Apple TV is a luxury and has everything it needs to function how it's supposed to. There is no demand, it's not necessary to have an A7 chip in an Apple TV when it would get the same performance as an A5 chip. The absolute only thing it would need going forward would be AC wifi so videos stream quicker from my iPhone. But that would require my iPhone to have AC wifi which it doesn't. So therefore there is no demand for the the Apple TV to have AC wifi. I'm not talking about supply and demand either. And there isn't enough people who would use an App Store on their Apple TV. It's like jail breaking, <1% need/ actually do jailbreak.
    Go back and read the highlighted text to understand my post. And I think your less than 1% JB number is a little low. Over 14 million iPhones run Cydia. Unless you are referring to jailbroken ATV's, then you may be right I dunno, all my ATV's are JB and more people would if they had a JB for the ATV 3.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 10-23-2013 at 11:29 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wish this connected to Final Cut as well. Easy to stream stuff I'm editing in FCP to my AppleTV...that would be great. But they seem to leave out all their pro apps from a lot of benefits. FCP and Aperture