+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Updates Mac and iOS Versions of iLife and iWork Suites

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default Apple Updates Mac and iOS Versions of iLife and iWork Suites

On Tuesday, Apple updated their well-known iWork and iLife software suites for both iOS and Mac OS after first unveiling them and demonstrating their new features and looks at the special event the company held in Yerba Buena. The latest versions of the software suites are dubbed iWork 2013 and iLife 2013.

Apple added a number of new features to the applications for Mac OS. Apple notes that much of these software applications were re-written from the ground up to take full advantage of OS X Mavericks’ new features. iWork and iLife are available for free for users that have just purchased a new OS X Mavericks machine; if you haven't, the applications are available in the Mac App Store for $19.99 each:

As for iOS, Apple has also updated the entire lineup of iWork and iLife suite applications for the mobile platform as well. The applications have all received updated interfaces, updated application icons, and a number of new features across the board. They have all been updated to take full advantage of iOS 7's new interface, features, and the 64-bit architecture of Apple's latest iOS devices.

Each of Apple's iWork and iLife applications for iOS are free for those that have just recently purchased an iOS device; although, if you haven't the applications are all available in the App Store varying from $4.99 to $9.99 each:

Sources: Apple

*T*
    Thanks

I own iWork 09. Do I have to pay again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    I own iWork 09. Do I have to pay again?
    Good question. I own iWork '09 and all iOS iLife+iWork apps... but do I need to pay for Mac App again or just use beta in the cloud?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry27 View Post
    Good question. I own iWork '09 and all iOS iLife+iWork apps... but do I need to pay for Mac App again or just use beta in the cloud?
    Nope They are free updates, Mac and iOS. One thing Apple got right this time was the pricing for their software, lol. You will need iOS 7 to use the new iWork though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahboi View Post
    Nope They are free updates, Mac and iOS. One thing Apple got right this time was the pricing for their software, lol. You will need iOS 7 to use the new iWork though.
    As far as I know only Maverick is free and the rest only free on new devices, just as I got all iOS app free after I bought 5S. But I don't own any new Mac released today so I still see price tag on Mac Apps. Still, seeing as they slowly pushing updates on other iOS app, I gotta check on my Mac again later. (@work now)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

I just got the iWork suite for Mac free. I just bought my MBP last week and logged into the App Store today and it said I qualified for them free.