+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Redesigned Mac Pro to Launch in December

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's Redesigned Mac Pro to Launch in December

At the media event today, one of the many things Apple announced was the release window, specs and pricing for the long-awaited update to the Mac Pro. The Mac Pro, which is said to be released by the end of the year, is Apple’s first computer in many years to be assembled in the US. During the event, the Cupertino California company noted that more than 2,000 people in 20 states were involved in the Mac Pro’s development assembly.

For those of you who didn’t know, the new Mac Pro is a complete and radical redesign of the tower/workstation design that Apple has used since the G5 tower was introduced in 2003. The tower includes a unique cylindrical design that wraps all of the machine’s components around a unified thermal core which absorbs heat from throughout the machine and disperses it through a vertically-oriented fan that draws air in from the bottom of the machine and vents it out through the machine’s top.

The device features the latest Intel Ivy Bridge E Xeon processors with up to 12 cores, dual AMD FirePro GPUs, six Thunderbolt 2 ports, and PCIe-based flash storage with ECC memory, USB 3.0 and faster 802.11ac Wi-Fi. Apple said the following regarding the Mac Pro:

The new Mac Pro is our vision for the future of the pro desktop, everything about it has been reimagined and there has never been anything like it," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "The new Mac Pro packs up to 12-core Xeon CPUs, dual FirePro GPUs, ultra-fast ECC memory, new PCIe flash storage, Thunderbolt 2 expandability and more into a radical new design that is one-eighth the size of the previous generation Mac Pro.
    In the US, pricing for the Mac Pro starts at $2,999 for the entry-level model with several additional build-to-order components available at an additional cost. The Mac Pro will begin shipping in December.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Look like a trash can

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    Look like a trash can
    ...a $3000 trash can!

Thanks

Look like a trash can
    blah, blah, blah.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I just creamed my jeans! If I had a need for all that power I would buy one for sure!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Look like a trash can
    Mac pro with built in ashtray.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

For a computer, I think it looks pretty cool actually. I wouldn't pay $3000 for one, but it would be nice to have if I was into serious video or photo editing..