+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Meet The New 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple has just lifted the curtain on its new 15-inch MacBook Pro. The machine delivers a 4th generation Intel quad core processor and there's Iris Pro graphics to boot. Similar
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Meet The New 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro

Apple has just lifted the curtain on its new 15-inch MacBook Pro.

The machine delivers a 4th generation Intel quad core processor and there's Iris Pro graphics to boot.

Similar to the new 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display, the 15-inch model serves up an improved battery life (up to 8 hours) and new 802.11ac WiFi.

The refreshed machine gives us faster PCIe flash and an optional GeForce GT 750M graphics processor.

Like the 13-inch MacBook Pro, the 15-inch model ships today with OS X Mavericks. The 15-inch model starts at $1999.

Source: Apple

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone explain why a dedicated graphics card would not please some people? I thought having a dedicated graphics card means less effort for the CPU and RAM to handle certain things.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Once again they gimp the MacBook Pro by only offering any decent GPU for the most high-end model.
    I was holding out for today before buying a new MacBook Pro but it doesn't matter now....I'll be going with the previous 15" Retina model so I can get a decent GPU without paying retarded money.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I felt kind of silly buying the 15 inch retina a few months ago. Guess I don't feel so silly anymore!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I was checking these out in the Apple store online and when you have the options for upgrading RAM it tells you that it's built in so you need to buy as much as you think you'll need in the future at that moment. But when upgrading the Flash SDD it doesn't give you that warning. So does that mean that I can put in a bigger flash hard drive later on?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

I just bought my MBP last Tuesday for $1999 and after seeing the only one with discrete graphics is now $2599 I'm glad I did.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Time to tell my non-Retina 15-inch MBP from mid-last year that it's now officially outdated :P

I think we'll still be good friends though for the next few years.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    did apple get rid of macbook pro 15" non retina? i cant find it on website
    thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by segma98 View Post
    did apple get rid of macbook pro 15" non retina? i cant find it on website
    thanks
    yes it did.

I'm a film student, so I'm split between getting the new rMBP or last year's non-rMBP. Time to go look at refurbs on Apple's online store.
    I would really love a Mac Pro, but that will have to wait.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Once again they gimp the MacBook Pro by only offering any decent GPU for the most high-end model.
    I was holding out for today before buying a new MacBook Pro but it doesn't matter now....I'll be going with the previous 15" Retina model so I can get a decent GPU without paying retarded money.
    my thoughts exactly.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Previously you could get a basic 15'' retina model with a 2.4GHz processor, 8GB Ram, 1 GB Nvidia 650M, 256GB SSD for $2199 ($1999 with education discount)

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me compared to the new lowest offering. People looking to buy this notebook probably want the more powerful graphics that the 750m provides. Oh well.